⁰¹. ᴿⁱⁿˢᵉ⁻ᵃⁿᵈ⁻ʳᵉᵖᵉᵃᵗ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 || 𝘙𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘦-𝘢𝘯𝘥-𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘵

   FOR FOUR MONTHS, NATASHA HAD HELD ONTO THOSE DOG TAGS

   FOR FOUR MONTHS, NATASHA HAD HELD ONTO THOSE DOG TAGS. Waiting for the moment that Carter would intervene once more. Spew his information for their Earth's future like some type of psychic. Constantly wondering if they'd just ushered in the end of days. Those thoughts led her to be more cautious, not only about what she did but about what the rest of the team did as well. And the problem with this was that she didn't know what the Extinction Entity was. She didn't know if it stood amongst her or was in the near future. That alone had her nerves spiked to a dangerous delusion.

She'd bounced ideas off of Steve and the rest of the team. Searching for a female with powerful abilities that could be dangerous to the world. But they came up with nothing that could give them a hint at the person Carter mentioned. The only information she and the rest of the team had was that this "Entity" was female and would be found down the path they walked–it was inevitable.

And that gave Natasha more anxiety than she'd liked to admit. Constantly wary of every step she took, every action she did. She was carrying most of the weight of this responsibility on her shoulders. The reason is that "contents are fragile. Like the world and everything in it."

But she knew that if they were drawing closer to the moment things would change, he would show up. He didn't outright shoot down the idea of helping them. If he had been to other universes, then he's helped, other Avengers. This then means the idea of him helping them wouldn't be entirely out of the question than what the rest of the team seemed to believe.

So, as she stood over the precipice of a cliffside, she stared at the dog tags whilst the team acted on their assault toward the castle. They'd gotten gamma radiation sensors going off in Sokovia. She'd gathered the team as the Sceptre was their first target so Thor could bring it back to Asgard. And much like the past few bases they've cleared, Natasha felt an unsettling amount of nausea in her stomach.