¹⁴. ᵀʰᵉ ᴸⁱⁿᵉ ᴵⁿ ᵀʰᵉ ˢᵃⁿᵈ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘐𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘥

"SECRETARY ROSS HAS A CONGRESSIONAL MEDAL OF HONOR WHICH ONE MORE THAN YOU HAVE."

"So let's say we agree to this thing. How long is it gonna be before they LoJack us like a bunch of common criminals?" Sam questioned.

Rhodey scoffed. "117 countries want to sign this," Rhodey stated. "117, Sam, and you're just like, "No, that's cool. We got it"."

"How long are you going to play both sides?" Sam spat.

Since the discussion had started, the two had been at each other's necks. Each of them barking comments at one another like children. And truthfully, Carter was sick of it. Instead focusing his attention on Judge who purred under the brush of his finger. Oblivious to the problems 

"I have an equation," Vision announced, placing a chest figure down.

Sam let out a laugh. "Oh, this will clear it up."

"In the eight years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man the number of unknown enhanced persons has grown exponentially," he explained. "During the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."

"Are you saying it's our fault?" Steve asked.

"I'm saying there may be a causality," he reasoned. "Our very strength invites challenge. Challenge incites conflict. And conflict breeds catastrophe. Oversight. Oversight is not an idea that can be dismissed out of hand."