⁰⁵. ᵀʰᵉ ᴵᵐᵖᵒˢⁱⁿᵍ ᵂᵉⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵒᶠ ᴳᵘⁱˡᵗ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 || 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘞𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘎𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘵

"ALL OUR WORK IS GONE," Bruce announced, eyes scanning the screen that projected all the progress both he and Tony had made in the past few weeks. Everything relating to Ultron's development had been flushed from all systems. "Ultron cleared out and used the Internet as an escape route."

"Ultron," Steve repeated with a scoff. Now thinking about it, the same was strange in itself and posed the question as to who was the one to come up with it.

Standing over a computer, Natasha glanced back at the group as she said, "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

"Did someone call Leila to tell her to take Faye and Azreal underground?" Clint asked.

"Yeah. She insisted on coming to help after hearing what happened to Nova, but I told her to take care of her kids," Steve stated. Although another Asgardian could be plentiful to the issues at hand, everyone knew Leila wouldn't trust herself leaving Faye and Azreal with Jane. That and it might conflict with her issues. So, in itself, everyone knew the best outcome would be to leave Leila to take care of her family and be where she needed to be.

Rhodey shook his head, holding his aching arm. "He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" He suggested.

Maria Hill looked up, realization in her eyes. "Nuclear codes."

"Nuclear codes." He nodded. "Look, we need to make some calls assuming we still can."

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead," Natasha pointed out.

"He didn't say 'dead'. He said 'extinct.'" Steve corrected.

"He also said he killed somebody," Clint added, leaning against the railing overlooking the center of the lab the team had gathered in.

"There wasn't anybody else in the building," Maria replied.

Tony moved to the center with his data pad in hand. "Yes, there was." With a flick of the pad, an orange spherical shape appeared in the center. It looked like the creation of data and code with mangled strings that blue splashed throughout.

Bruce frowned, looking at the sphere in dumbfoundedness. "What?" He muttered, glancing up at Tony. "This is insane."

"Jarvis was the first line of defence. He would have shut Ultron down, it makes sense," Steve reasoned.

"No." Bruce shook his head. "Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is...rage."

Loud footsteps appeared out of nowhere with Thor's cape bellowing behind him as he marched toward Tony. And before the man had a chance to reply, Thor grabbed him by the throat and lifted him. Not listening to the others trying to calm the god of thunder down.