⁰⁹. ᶜᵃᵖˢⁱᶻⁱⁿᵍ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 || 𝘊𝘢𝘱𝘴𝘪𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨

"CARTER?"

The man's eyes opened with the familiar scent of coffee blossoming in the air. The Avenger's kitchen within the tower was the sight that greeted him. His grasp on a red mug filled with coffee on the counter in front of him. A mug Wanda had gotten him for his birthday.

When the rest of the team had been bombastic with their gifts from Natasha getting him a custom m1911 and Tony giving him the first etchings of his very own suit, Wanda had gone to the basics. In some cases, it might've been lazy. But Carter had been talking about needing a coffee cup for himself. And she had done that. The little things like that were what mattered to Carter. It showed she cared and paid attention.

A frown flashed across the man's face as he turned to find Wanda sitting at one of the stools, watching him closely. Eyebrows scrunching together as he stared at her suspiciously. "What...?" His words drifted, unable to find the right question to what was happening. His mind still computing if this was somehow an illusion or his life flashing before his eyes. Glancing around, the man moved to the island and braced his hands along the edge. "Am I dead?"

"And if you were?" Wanda asked, lips curling into a small smile. "What would you say?"

Carter's lips parted, corners curling with a soft chuckle tumbling out. "Well, I would ask if this is my Wanda or theirs."

Wanda rolled her eyes, scoffing at the statement. "C'mon, Golden Boy. I think we both know that all Wanda's are yours."

"You're making it sound like I own them," he commented, a smirk tugging across his lips. "Are you jealous, Red?" He asked with squinted eyes of suspicion, watching the woman stand from the stool and make her way around the island dividing them.