⁰². ᴮⁱᵍᵍᵉʳ ᴾⁱᶜᵗᵘʳᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 || 𝘉𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘗𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦

STEVE AND MOST OF THE OTHERS KEPT A CLOSE EYE ON CARTER. Having not said a word since capturing Strucker and reclaiming the Sceptre. The man had sat at the back of the Quinjet, a bird made of his powers sitting on his shoulder as he allowed his head to hang low and sleep. They still hadn't gotten any response as to if he found the Extinction Entity or anything involving the being. But it was definite that they had come into contact with the woman, primarily Steve. It was a matter of figuring out who the two enhanced were and what information was relevant to their current predicament.

So, that was what he was at their current point in time; an informant. After that, they weren't sure of what to do with him. Tony didn't like Carter and the others were skeptical of his reasoning for being here. But Natasha seemed more interested in him and his motives. Jumping from universe to universe had to have some alternate goal for him and she was trying to pinpoint what it could be. She trusted him. But she needed more info to be completely sure he wasn't going to be a liability to the mission. Perhaps out of curiosity or a desire to stay one step ahead, she enjoyed learning about such things.

It didn't let her into his thoughts though.

The scraping of metal filled the air. Explosions caused the surface of the Earth to wail in agony as Carter panted. Blood soaked his mouth, staining his teeth as he grunted. Tugging Tony towards the edge of the Avengers tower. He fell to a knee as he gave one final pull and had Tony rest near the edge of the large window that was shattered.

What was once a peaceful day was now chaotic. People in the streets of New York were screaming for help, hoping their saviours to stop this apocalypse. But they were dwindling one by one. Innocents were being turned to hollow, rotting shells from the devouring essence that radiated from Wanda. The blue sky was now a crimson red and the sun was blocked out by the impurity of the Witch's powers.

Carter couldn't help but laugh, standing up to his feet and stumbling back slightly. He placed a hand over his face, running it down and shaking his head. "You stupid fuck." The barely conscious man blinked tiredly up at him, the power of his suit sucked straight from Carter's powers, leaving him defenceless. Carter crouched down and forced Tony up onto his knees and sneered, "Look at what your actions have cost."

The world was on fire. Just above the water was Wanda, powers shooting out from her figure and repeating the cycle that once more will return. The world would go into darkness, people would die, and the world would be destroyed leaving the Extinction Entity to thrive.