⁰⁷. ᵂᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ᴮᵉ ᴹᵒʳᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 || 𝘞𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘉𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘳𝘦

"YOU SHOULD SLEEP." Clint looked to his co-pilot who had been quiet for most of the flight. While most of the team had slept, trying to shake the illusions Wanda had inflicted on them, Carter had stayed awake–even when it was against his better judgment and sanity.

Shimmying further into the seat, Carter looked at the radar and weather detector. "Isn't going to do me any good. Need to keep frontside focus."

Flicking the switch causing his chair to slide back from its position fixed to the secondary controls, he sighed. "How far are we from your safe house?"

Clint scoffed, glancing at the man. "I don't know if we were ever close in your universe, but I don't take stubbornness very nicely," he commented. "So, either say what you saw or just go grab me a drink."

The response wasn't what Carter expected, truthfully. But he simply glanced at the man before getting up and moving toward the back of the Quinjet. Passing a shaking Bruce Banner, an abnormally quiet Steve Rogers, and a resting Thor Odinson. Going straight to the minifridge and grabbing two pops before quicking the door shut. Glancing at Natasha who stared into the open space, unresponsive to even the faintest sounds.

It seems that after Wanda placed her illusions in his Limbo, she managed to escape and take out the team one by one, besides Tony and Clint. And the outcome was most of the team sitting silently, processing the images of their past brought into the present. A traumatic and disheartening event that Carter couldn't say he was unaffected by.

He'd been on the brunt side of Wanda's powers on many occasions. Most weren't of malicious intent, but the feeling of her invading his mind wasn't new at all. It was distinct. Like experiencing your first time for something. But this was the first time she'd used her powers in his Limbo. And it was the first time he was seeing the after-effects of the powers used on others who had no understanding of her capabilities.