ā°Ā³. į“¾įµƒĖ”Ė”įµƒĖ¢

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 || 𝘗𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘢𝘴

NEW YORK AT NIGHT WAS AS SPECTACULAR AS CARTER ALWAYS BELIEVED IT TO BE. No matter the different jumps he made between universes and tweaks of the environment, the bright lights still captured his attention. And although it might not have been for everyone, the pungent scents of the streets and alleys did remind him of times simpler.

Back in the day, when he would take the metro and busses to get to where he was going, all he could see was look around and smell. It wasn't all beautiful. Many cases of people fighting in the streets, robberies, and accidents were an everyday thing for him. All of it is horrible in its own right. But it was enough for him to keep going for another day.

And a couple of blocks from Avengers Tower was this cafe tucked away from the busyness of the city. A nice little spot that very few went to and was his first stop and last stop of every day. He never could figure out what made him so compelled to go to THAT specific place. There were half a dozen closer to his workplace but none of them gave a sense of peace

That's probably the reason why he found himself standing outside Coffee Bean. Its illuminated sign made it easier for him to breathe, fixing a tiny smile across his lips. Unbothered by the strange looks given by passerby who found his fixated position in the middle of the sidewalk disrespectful.

"Oye, Locke!" His gaze flickered to the front door, finding Nova and Natasha stood waiting. Nova sporting more of a grin than Natasha's contemplated look. Lost in her trail of thought to even care about him. "You coming?"

Taking the pilot up on her offer, Carter stepped inside after the pair. The warmth enticed him to relax further into the familiarities of the joint. Relinquishing his jacket, he hung it up on the oak coat hanger just by the door where three others were hung.

Rubbing his hands together, he looked at the chalk display above the front counter. Names of drinks were labelled in colourful chalk, and their prices were adjacent. He scanned for a few moments before he smiled, pointing. "That. Pumpkin Winter."

Nova glanced at him frowning. "Pumpkin Winter?"

"I know you might think the name is strange, but they sell it more than you'd like to think. I've spent hundreds of dollars just buying that one drink," Carter explained, a beaming smile. "Maybe not the greatest financial choices, but trust me when I tell you it's God's given gift to us little Earthlings."

The woman snickered, "Alright, I trust you." She pointed to an open booth at the corner of the room. Perfectly spaced out from the overly romantic couple and the elderly woman. "How about you two get us that spot? I can get us our drinks."