Chapter 10: "I don't want her"

Beta Tony, above

Mikkeli POV

She smells intoxicating, incredibly intoxicating. 

I felt that the moment I first laid my eyes on her in her kitchen. Honestly, I'm still amazed at how I restrained myself from taking her immediately after I had pressed her on her kitchen counter. My wolf was excited, ready to mate any moment, but I was not.

Of course, I want to have sex with her, but I don't want her. Although I must admit she's not stupid and sexy, I also hate her judgmental look every time I do something she disagrees with and the fact that she always has to have the final word in everything.

 I don't want human Luna; honestly, I have never wanted a mate. A mating bond is what makes you weak and vulnerable, and I'm not weak, and I never will be. I am the fucking Alpha, and one human brat will never have any sort of power over me.

As the days went by, it was more and more difficult to restrain me because every time she was within my vision reach, all I could think about were my hands on her body and my tongue in her mouth. My wolf always wanted her, so I avoided looking at her or talking to her like crazy. I couldn't lose control and show everybody how weak I could be. 

Fuck I thought only a couple of days, and she would be gone. I was sure that somehow I'd manage to convince Hayden to keep the boys and send her somewhere away, or I could just make her leave. It's not that she could do anything to stop me. But my fucking brother decided, blood or not, she is his sons' sister, and they all must stay here together, and after the attack sending them away was no longer an option.

Byron seemed pretty happy and manageable, thanks to spending time with her in the woods. It was extremely enjoyable to be so close to her, even in wolf form. And I also have to admit I admire her courage to interact with my wolf. I guess she feels the bond even if she is unaware of it.

And again, honestly, I thought that we could keep it that way much longer. But that son of a bitch had to touch what is MINE! I've never felt such a strong rage in my entire life. Sure, I don't want her, but she is mine, and Byron or I won't tolerate anybody touching her but us, that's for sure. And for sure, I won't tolerate anybody hurting her, he wanted to rape her, and rape in my pack is punishable strictly, and that son of a bitch knew it. He brought his fucking friend so he could hold her down. He was trying to plead with me, saying that she was not even a pack member. It was so good to rip him apart. It was so good to hear him screaming.

I could still probably fool most of my pack that I reacted that way because it was a rape attempt, and everybody knows how I feel about it. But Hayden saw me, Tony, Rose, Kyle, and Jake too.

I can hear the knock on the door, and Tony enters. That's surprising; I was expecting Hayden to come here extremely quickly to scold me as every good big brother should.

"How did you manage to hide it for so long?" I can see that Tony is concerned about me. He was always so concerned about me.

"I'm a strong one, and I don't want her, Byron wants her. I have to figure out a way to control him better next time."

"Are you trying to say that you would let them rape her if your wolf didn't intervene?"

"I would never allow anybody to rape anybody, and you know that. If she wasn't my mate and I would catch Andrew in a similar situation, he still would be dead. The only difference would be that my wolf wouldn't be in control." my voice is calm, but my wolf and I never that much agreed with each other about killing someone slowly.

"You remember what happened last time you lost control?" Tony says.

"That was about my mother. What have you expected?" I snarl, but I avoid his eyes.

"If you don't want Hannah, you should reject her. This will make your wolf a little bit weak, but it will allow you to close the case, and the problem will be over. Let's just do it. You reject her and..."

I don't allow him to finish. I grab his throat and shove him into the wall. I can feel fury in my veins and Byron howling "kill" in my mind. Fucking Tony smirks and looks at me with amusement in his eyes.

"You can deny as much as you want, but you can't stay in between; you can't NOT accept her and NOT reject her at the same time. You will lose control, Mikkeli, and you should remember what happened with your brother. You don't want to repeat that."

"I'm not weak," I snarl, my fingers still on his throat, but Tony gently takes my hand away.

"I'm just worried about you, Mikkeli."

The door to my room opens again, and Hayden enters. Fuck, I can smell her on him. He was touching her. I know they didn't do anything, but I still have to struggle not to attack him; Byron is still in his overprotective/jealous mode.

"Why didn't you tell me? You know you can tell me anything," my older brother looks at me.

"It wasn't your problem; I don't need you to help me with my problems; I can manage them well. Like you didn't need my help to manage yours".

"Well, now it's our problem. You know humans don't feel the bond, at least not as strong as we do. It will be difficult for you to court her..."

"I don't want her!' I scream, irritated, and they fucking don't believe me. I know that by just looking at their faces.

"If you don't want her, stay away from her. I love you, Mikkeli, but I will protect Hannah from anything, including you if I have to."

For a moment, we just glare at each other as I try to calm down my raging wolf. No one has a right to tell me to stay away from her; she's fucking mine! I may not want her, but no one else can have her either. She is MINE!

"Tony," I finally turn my gaze away from my brother, "Make sure to explain to the pack that I reacted that way because it happened in my house, under my watch. Rape in my pack, especially rape of a weaker member, is punishable, and the fact they dared to do it together to someone who was under my protection enraged me. I trust you keep the fact about my mate to yourself. I don't want any gossip. And Hayden, get ready because we have allies gathering in a couple of days.

They finally leave me alone, but I feel restless. I mindlink Gideon to make sure she is alright. He confirms that she will only have lots of painful bruises, and thanks Goddess, he restrains himself from any additional comments. 

Nevertheless, a couple of minutes later, I found myself standing by the door to Kyle's room. She's on his bed wrapped from all sides by her siblings, who seem to be deep in sleep. Kyle is sitting next to her holding her head on his shoulder and wrapping her with one arm. They aren't sleeping. 

He bows his head in respect when he sees me, and she... 

For a long moment, she's looking at me, and honestly, I wonder what she's thinking about. She looks so fragile, so beautiful. I want to go closer. I want to hold her in my arms and listen to her heartbeat. I want to comfort her, and I'm sure she's scared after what she has been through. But I keep control and manage to show no emotions.

"Thank you for helping me," she finally says, not turning her eyes away.

I slowly nod my head and leave the room without saying anything. I see Tony standing in the corridor and looking at me.

"Care to go for a run with me?" he offers, and I smile, following him into the woods.