Chapter 17: "I'm happy you are back"

Mikkeli above

Smut warning in this  chapter

Mikkeli POV

I rest my head on the car window looking at the landscape passing by; after over two weeks, Tony and I are coming back home. 

 My friend needed help, and I provided it to him. My strategy to fight with hunters turned out to be a great success, and we achieved a significant victory in our fight against them. I know this is only one step, but if we can implement my strategy in different packs and prepare a joint attack, we could even force them to cease all their action against us for a long time. 

The last time the hunters posed such a big threat to werewolves in this part of the country, I lost my father and many very good pack warriors over seven years ago. Since then, the threat was always very near, but if I manage to convince all my allies to combine our strengths, maybe we will be able to crush them and chase them away from this area.

And now I'm tired and happy that I'm coming back home, but the feeling I have right now is so different from the usual because usually, when I come back home after my trips, after my battles, I feel just calm. This time I feel eagerness, anticipation, and excitement. This time I know someone is there waiting for me; nearly a thought about seeing her face again makes me so excited.

I still feel overbearing fear at the thought that I almost lost her in the woods. Honestly, I almost lost my entire family at that moment. When Hayden mindlinked me that they had been attacked and almost killed, the only feeling I remember was helplessness. I failed again as an Alpha. I couldn't keep them safe.

 Probably that's why I'm not proud, and I don't feel satisfaction from my recent victory against hunters because even though I managed to help save my friend's pack at the same time, I can't keep my own home safe. Someone is still out there targeting my nephews, targeting my family. I doubt anybody is targeting Hannah because I made sure no one knows about her being my mate except those who are close to me and whom I trust.

Hannah... after the attack, my wolf was restless, so difficult to control, and honestly, I shared his feelings. That's why I went to her room. I needed a physical interaction of any sort to convince both of us that she was still alive and safe. That night brought me the best sleep I had had in recent weeks. I woke up so rested, so relaxed, and so happy. She was still sleeping, and I, Jason and Rosie were snuggling into her as if she was the only source of warmth on this planet. I spent at least an hour just looking at her, admiring her lips, face, hair, long legs, round hips, delicious breasts, and ass. And, of course, I finished with a hard one just by looking at her. Oh, Goddess, I was so thankful for her siblings' presence because if they weren't in the room at that moment, I don't know if I would have been able to control myself.

But I knew I had work to do, so I managed to get up and leave the room, but not before, as creepy as it may sound, I snatched one of her T-shirts from a wardrobe. Well, my wolf had an idea to go through her dirty laundry, preferably the underwear, but that would have made me a creepy psycho. Nevertheless, I managed to stay calm for the next week only thanks to her scent. I appreciated that Tony restrained himself from any comment because I'm sure he noticed that I was sleeping with my face snuggled into one particular piece of clothing.

Beautiful Hannah, she's so perfect.

 I was never so wrong as when I decided she was too weak to be my Luna. She proved me wrong so many times with her sense of justice, courage, sharp tongue, and care for her siblings. She has just lost her parents and yet managed to care for three kids. She gave the twins security and comfort, being the best older sister they could wish for, and at the same time, she became the mother to Rosie. I've seen her many times walking around the house, holding her baby sister when she couldn't sleep, not even once complaining or losing her patience no matter how much she was tired. I've seen her slowly becoming Kyle's best friend, my brother's friend, and my other pack members' friend.