Chapter 34: "Pity you haven't marked her"

Mikkeli POV

Screams and blood surround me... 

Some of my guests suddenly fell to the floor and start screaming and thrashing around, I get mind-linked from the patrol that the large group of rogues has just attacked our north border, and Gideon screams in my head Red Venom, and that's when avalanche finally reaches my home.

Suddenly all of them, a moment later screaming and trashing, start shifting, and in a matter of seconds, 13 feral wolves are running around trying to kill anything that moves. 

My people and I react pretty quickly, and so do Kayden, Damon, Natasha, and their people. Fighting feral wolves under the influence of Red Venom is dangerous. Despite being feral, they also are much stronger than normal rogues.

Bites, snarls, broken bones, blood...

 ...claws and fangs, wolves' bodies crushing at each other, the screams of those who try to run away...

I lead the fight, feeling the blood and ripped flesh in my mouth. 

Screams and blood surround me...

Before it is finished, we have some severely wounded wolves, Kayden is cursing cause his leg is crushed, and someone is at risk of bleeding out.

My warriors at the border manage to inform me that they keep winning, slowly pushing the rogues away from our land. All my pack members, except warriors,  are barricaded in their houses as they were ordered. In a moment, Gideon screamed "Red Venom" in my mind. 

Those who turned feral in the garden are dead, but we don't know how many more were poisoned, and we don't know how many more can go feral any moment now. 

And that's when I realize that I can't feel Hannah anymore, and strong clutches of fear take me into their hold.

About three hours later, the situation is still far from being under control. The rogues were defeated, there have been no more feral shifts till now, Gideon is sitting in front of me, absolutely terrified, and Hannah is gone. Byron and I almost lost it when we found out no one had seen her.

"I swear it wasn't me, and I had no time to go into the woods. Kyle was feeling unwell the whole evening, and I kept going in and out of his room. Ask him!" Gideon stutter.

I look at Rose as she says:

"It still isn't done; all our omegas are there, so the shift hasn't happened yet, but if I remove Kyle or distract him, I'm afraid we will lose the only witness we have."

The door to my office gets open, and Natasha enters.

"It's sorted out, three packs went home, and six are staying to help. All their mates who are not warriors are already safe in their rooms. Kayden can't move, but his people will help; we have over thirty wounded wolves in the infirmary, and ten are dead except those who were poisoned," she says.

"Gideon, I cut you from the mindlink. You are to go to the infirmary and take care of the wounds. Natasha, please make your people keep an eye on him all the time. If you even blink in the way I don't like, you will die!" I growl as he leaves.

"Patrick," I look at my Third, " you are in charge of the pack, and you are responsible for their safety. No one contacts me unless it has something to do with Hannah, Hayden, or Becca."

He nods and leaves as well, and I look at Tony.

" The chain of events looks most likely like that," he says. "All cameras in the packhouse went down at the same time. Patrick checked, and it shows that someone placed the command to turn them off in our security system at a specific time. During that time, four things happened: Hayden, who was last seen walking toward the woods, disappeared."

He takes a big breath and continues:

 "Becca, who was last seen walking into the woods about half an hour earlier, disappeared. She mind-linked me that she had seen someone talking with probably Gideon in the woods about fifteen minutes prior and that she intended to follow that someone."

I think for a moment. Both Becca and my brother are experienced warriors. They for sure decided to go alone into the woods because they were sure something is wrong.

"The third thing that happened: Hannah was talking with Hank and Connie in the hall, then Connie left, and then the CCTV was shot down. During that time, Hank submitted to the poison, and Hannah disappeared. The fourth thing that happened was the attack on the border and fighting in the garden. Gideon was spotted on many CCTV footage, but we can't determine his whereabouts all the time. He could've gone to the forest and back before it all started." Tony finishes.

I tap my fingers on my desk, trying to keep my blood cold. I can't get emotional, not right now, I must think.

"Jake, make sure that all pack warriors not involved in keeping the pack safe right now is ready to leave if necessary immediately."

"Only Full Moon's delegation has been under the influence of Red Venom till now, so I presume they all had been poisoned before the party. I called Ryan, but he lost his cool and accused you of poisoning, " Damon says. "If you ask me, all of this was a pretty heavy distraction to get to your mate."

"That much I know. Do you think Ryan is lying or is clueless in this?" I ask.

"Clueless, he is not smart enough to prepare something this big unless he was tricked into this. He would, for sure, have never agreed to use Red Venom. You know Werewolf's Council's repercussions for that."

"One of the trucks which brought supplies today is missing; probably that's how they managed to take Hannah, Hayden, or maybe Becca out of the territory," says Jake. "I assigned checking the trucks to that idiot Norman because everybody else was busy, and he already admitted that he could not check it perfectly."

"Someone managed to get Hannah and Hayden in such a short time; it means that he had to have help from the inside," I say lowly.

"Which takes us back to Gideon and Becca. Becca is missing, but she pointed to Gideon unless she mistook him for someone else, but I doubt it. It has to be one of them. But we also have to take under consideration that it can be Hayden's doing," says Jake.

I growl, but Jake sighs heavily.

"I'm sorry, Mikkeli, but even though I doubt it, we should at least consider this option. Anyway, since we can't locate Hayden or Becca, they must already be outside our territory. From all the Alphas who knew about you having a human mate and saw Hannah Ryan's territory is the closest. If you allow me, I will take care of your command now. Pity you haven't marked her. We wouldn't be right now in this shit."

I growl dangerously, but he leaves the room, and I have no time now to think about his disrespect, especially since I'm aware that he is right.

"We can always wait for the Council's representatives, they will be here in a matter of hours to investigate Red Venom, and Ryan will have to let them search his lands," Damon says.

"That's not the option," I scream. "I have no idea how much time we have!"

I know she is still alive because if not, I would be in unbearable pain, so I still have time, but how long before I lose her forever? I don't know why but for some reason, I'm sure she is at the Full Moon's land. I could just attack them, but checking such a big area will take days.

I'm just sure that Hannah has less and less time. Fuck if I weren't so insecure about myself, she would've already been marked, and finding her wouldn't be a problem. If only...

Then Rose suddenly says:

"Alpha, he's awakened."

As always, enjoy the chapter :)

Thank you once again for all the votes so far :)

So, who do you think is guilty: Hayden, Becca, Gideon, Ryan, or someone else?