Chapter 18:" It's time to tell the truth"

Jake, the previous Beta above 

Mikkeli POV

After only a couple of hours in bed, I'm already at the training grounds. I didn't have much sleep, but if you're as restless as me now, you don't pay too much attention to sleep. 

 After I finished sparring with Jake, I think it's high time to get back to my office and take care of all the paperwork, which for sure awaits me taking into consideration my long absence. But I didn't manage to get to my office because I could smell the most delicious fragrance, already so familiar and already so desired by me every day. 

She's standing at the edge of the training grounds, far away from other females, and I can see that she's practicing with a knife. I take my time to admire the grace and strength in her movements, and when I get closer, she notices me and stops training to look at me.

"You like that knife, don't you?" I say, coming closer.

"It was my present for my 14th birthday; dad told me that he would allow me to go for dates when I turn 15 on condition I will master knife till then."

"And silver?" I say, coming closer.

"You're kidding me," she smirks "Even though you think my parents were reckless, we were pretty much aware that there was a chance of a werewolf attacking sooner or later."

"Would you like to spar with me? I can give you some advice. You know, how to use silver against the werewolf better".

She nods, and I come closer. I show her some movements, explain the weak parts of the werewolf's body, both in his human and his wolf form, show her where and how to cut, and try some blows, some punches. 

I enjoy the closeness of her body, her graceful movements, and the smell of her sweat. I'm fully aware she's ogling my body the same way I do with hers. Finally, we try the actual combat, and of course, I'm stronger, but still, she manages to impress me and surprise me a couple of times. I guess she has this advantage that I'm unfamiliar with how humans think when they fight. Nevertheless, I manage to pin her down to the ground straddling her thighs and take her knife away from her. My eyes shift when Byron and I inhale her sweet scent.

A low growl coming from behind makes me back into reality. I turn around and see very pissed off Hayden standing very close to us.

"I thought we had rules that you were not allowed to be alone with her?" he growls even louder.

I snarl in response; even though Hayden is my brother, his behavior now is openly challenging toward me as an Alpha of his pack. Hannah and I stand up, I want to say something, but she starts first:

"There are at least 20 people around here with Jake over there looking at us all the time. We haven't done anything wrong."

"He's too close to your neck with his teeth" Hayden's eyes keep sending daggers in my direction.

"For that, I keep drinking wolfsbane. Hayden, I appreciate the concern, but nothing bad happened. He taught me some movements, he asked first, and we had a normal conversation" she comes closer to him and gently pats his arm.

A sharp blade of jealousy pierces my heart. I know Hayden is my brother, and I trust him, but the only male in my pack I'm comfortable being around her is Kyle, no one else.

"Nevertheless, let's come back to the packhouse. I need to discuss with you a very important issue after we all get a shower," she says, heading towards the entrance of the building. 

I can see Jake looking at me, as always, with a cold stone face, I never know what this guy thinks, but I also can see some warriors of my pack sending both me and Hayden questionable looks. I understand them; Hayden and I rarely quarrel.