9. Fighting With my Family

Robin

    The past few days have been about the same. Training with Bucky or Wanda, hanging out with the others, and staying inside. It's the middle of summer and super hot, so it's basically a death sentence to me if I go outside in the daytime. Along with the others, I too am on house arrest, but for other reasons. As a group, we decided it would be best if I don't meet with people outside of my innercircle, but that all changed today. It was a routine training with Bucky, until he brought in a guest.

    "Ro, this is Agent Harrison. He works for Shield and agreed to help us with an... exercise," Buck tells me. I look the man up and down, trying to get a read on him. He has a strong build, but has a warm smile, so he isn't too intimidating.

    "Hi Robin," he smiled. I give him a small wave and then bring my attention back to Bucky.

    "Okay, so we know you can stop yourself when you are hurting someone you know. I want to know if you can do it with someone you have no connection with," Bucky tells me. The blood drains from my face. I can't hurt him.

    "And if you're worried about hurting him, don't worry. He's a trained Shield agent, he can take it," Bucky says, almost reading my mind. "How about we get started." Quickly, Agent Harrison gets into position, instinctively I do too. I get ready for a punch, but it never comes. Instead, he pulls out a gun. He's going to hurt Bucky. Without knowing it, I disarm him and he somehow ends up on the floor. I'm about to pounce, when Bucky grabs me.

    "Ro, it's okay," he tells me.

    "No, it isn't he was going to try to hurt you!" I yell trying to break out of his grasp but failing. How come the chip never works when I want it to.

    "It's okay, that was all part of the exercise, the gun is fake," he tells me. I look over to where the agent was on the ground. He is standing up now and rubbing his elbow.

    "Crap, I'm sorry. I guess I really haven't learned to control it," I tell him while looking at the ground.

    "You're good, I've taken a lot worse beatings than that. I will tell you that you have great form," he tells me. Somehow, he's still smiling. Lowkey creepy, but I'm not one to judge. Soon, we attempt again, this time no fake guns. We get into our stances and he throws a punch, the chip makes me dodge it. I go for the face and he catches it. Then, the most unthinkable thing happens, it makes me use my powers. It starts to send him flying across the room. You need to stop this. I break the imaginary cage that is the chip and agent Harris is frozen in mid-air.

    "Uh, can you let me down?" He asks. I smile and he falls to the floor. "Thanks," he groans.

    "Okay, that's enough. You can go now," Bucky tells him and he leaves. "Well, that's good and bad."

    "Couldn't agree more," a voice behind us says. We turn and see Tony. He hasn't been around for a while, probably working on the device for my chip. "Which is why, I came to tell you that the deactivator is in the final stage of development." We all gleam with excitement. I can finally stop worrying about accidentally hurting someone! "We just need to run a few test-" I run over to him and hug him.

    "Thank you," I tell him. For some reason he's taken aback by this gesture, but soon he returns it.

    "I'd do anything for you Ro," he says as he kisses my head. My stomach growls.

    "Geeze, what time is it? I'm hungry," I laugh.

    "It's 12:17, what do you want for lunch?" Bucky asks after looking at his watch. It takes me a second to think.

    " I'm in the mood for carbs, how about bagels?" I ask. It takes them some time to consider, but soon they agree.

    "I'll ask around and see what type everyone wants," Tony tells us as he walks to the elevator.

    "I'll have an everything," I shout.

    "Same!" Bucky also shouts. We look at each other and I start to laugh.

    "Do you ever think people get annoyed that we are like almost the same person?" I ask, still laughing. He gives me a questioning look. "We both have brown hair, went through Hydra, lowkey part cyborg, and now, like the same bagel flavor. It's like we're siblings, now that I think of it, I've always thought of you kinda like a brother." He starts to chuckle.

    "I don't know, if you really were my sister, you would probably be a lot less talkative," he laughs. I punch him in the shoulder and he acts hurt.

"Okay, come on you big sissy. Can we be done for today? I'm getting tired and I want to take a shower," I ask.

"Okay," he sighs. I start to walk away when he calls after me. "Just make sure you're done in time for lunch!"
    "Okay!" I call back.

Once lunch was over, we all did our own thing. I went to my room, Tony worked on the chip deactivator, Steve trained, and the others did their own things. I decided to watch Netflix. I was really enjoying myself when Sam ran into my room.

"I made lasagna!" He sang. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Okay, and?" I ask, confused why he wanted to tell me that.

"I'm trying to tell you that it's dinner," he says blankly. "Wait, have you never had lasagna!" I shake my head and his jaw drops. "You know, like Garfield." I just stare at him. Then, he grabs my arm and practically pulls me to the kitchen. I see that everyone is at the table and already eating. I sit in a chair and Sam plops a plate at my spot. Then, he just stands there.

"What?" I ask and he motions to the plate. Slowly, I take a bite, extremely confused. Then, it hits me.

"Oh my Goodness, this is amazing," I cheer. All he does is smile and nod, and finally go to his seat. I practically finish the plate in 30 seconds and then get more. It isn't long before the dinner is broken up by a debate.

"Seriously! Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that Steve kissed his ex's Niece!" Tony exclaims. Nat nods and so does Sam.

"I seem to be a bit lost," Vision says. Tony just waves him off.

"Well I'm heading to my room, goodnight guys," I sigh as I get up to clear my spot.

"Goodnight!" They all sing back. Once all my dishes are clean, I head to my room for a peaceful night. Or so I thought. I walk into my room and see that everything is disheveled. What? I look around and there's Ross.

"Long time no see Birdy," he smiles.

"You aren't going to get me this time Ross, I can control myself. There is no way you can hurt them now," I growl.

"Oh, we have given up on hurting them, you've failed us. It's sad, you had a lot of potential. Now, before I give you your final orders, there's some things I would like you to know," he sighs, still smiling. Then, he puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Wait, you're actually here," I gasp. Then, I notice a broken window, that must be how he got in. I form my hand into a fist.

"Don't even think about it. I have a sniper on the building next to us, and if you hurt me, they've been instructed to shoot," he tells me. "Now, can we talk like adults?"

"You've seem to have forgotten one thing," we both turn to the door. There everyone is standing, scratch that, there my family is standing. "She's only 14," Tony tells him, right before they pounce.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yaass another lowkey fluffy chapter! If you want the playlist I made it's called Robins song(s) on spotify. Anyway tell me your recommendations. I might be taking a break for the holidays, so I don't know how many uploads you guys will get. Happy Holidays!-X