12.Felix and Eva

Sept 25 2001

Felix slowly knocked on the door of his wife's apartment. It swung open and he jumped back in startlement. "Oh, what a surprise," she sighed.

    "Listen, I'm sorry Eva- I mean Michella or whatever you go by these days," Felix apologized.

"Michella is fine," she told him attempting to keep him from looking inside the room, but he just walked right in.

"I didn't mean what I said okay, I just got a bit heated." He took in his surroundings, the lamp was still shattered on the floor and Michella was only in a dress shirt, a men's dress shirt. He attempted to walk into the room, but she blocked the way.

    "How about you come back later. I'll tidy up," She told him as she pushed him out the door. Without hesitation she slammed the door in his face

    "Wait, is someone else there!" Felix shouted, trying to make it so she could hear, but it was no use. He stood there for a few minutes, attempting to grasp what was happening. Is there another man? He thought to himself. Slowly, he walked to the elevator, hoping that maybe, just maybe Michella would run out and invite him back. Alas, she didn't so he just went to the elevator and pushed the button to the lobby. He exited the elevator and took a seat on one of the yellow couches lining the wall. As he sat there, he thought through his day. Okay, I have to be at work by 3 and it's 10:00 right now. The sun shone through the windows of the well lit first floor and tons of people passed by. Normal people, with normal jobs and normal families. Felix was far from normal. He worked at one of the world's biggest corporations of death for goodness sake! His wife is famous, but not his real wife. His real wife is Michella, not the person she pretends to be. So many people, so many different perspectives, too many different perspectives if you ask him. Life would be so much better if there was him, and only him in this world. It would be so much quieter. He's thoughts are interrupted as a familiar man with a goatee walks by. Tony Stark, genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist. Also wife stealer. His dress shirt is wrinkled, the same dress shirt Michela was just wearing. Felix doesn't gaze as Tony walks by, like everyone else in the room did. He just looked down, thinking about what to do now. I guess we'll clock in early today. He stood up and walked out the door, planning on never coming there again, but nothing ever really works out for Felix.

October 5 2001

    "What do you mean you're pregnant!" Felix gasped, slamming the phone on the table and putting his head in his hands. He could feel the vibration from the phone, telling him that Michella was still talking. He picked it up and listened to her plea.

    "Please listen to me!" She cried. "Tony wont answer the phone, I need someone to help me. I don't want this child to live without a father." He sat there for a second, thinking over what Michella just said.

    "Okay, I'm coming," he sighed. "Not because I'm going to take care of it, just so that we can talk about this face to face like adults." He stood up from the kitchen table and put the landline phone back onto the wall.

    "Mitch, I'm going to Michella's apartment," Felix told his brother. Felix had been living with Mitch since the fight because legally Michella owned the apartment.

    "Okay, I'll probably be gone by the time you get back," Mitch answered. Felix grabbed his coat and walked out. When he left the building, he hailed a taxi and soon arrived at Michella's apartment building. He walked into the lobby and walked past the row of familiar yellow couches. The elevator dinged, welcoming him. He got in and pressed the button for floor 3. He was the only one in the elevator so there was no awkward silence, which Felix very much appreciated. He arrived at the floor and was about to knock when the door swung open and Michella came and hugged him.