20. First Time for Everything

I walk through the doors of Midtown School of Science and Technology with my backpack on my back and notebooks in my hands. High school, can't be worse than Hydra, right? I make my way to locker 489 and throw my backpack into it. I grab a notebook and walk to my first class, biology honors.

"Hey watch it," I warn as some idiot rams into me.

"You watch it bitch," the boy responds. Calm down Robin, don't waste your energy on him.

"Cool it Flash," a familiar voice warns. Parker, stay out of this.

"Shut up Penis Parker," the boy, Flash, spits. I ignore the two of them and walk into the classroom. I take a seat at a desk in the back row and get ready for total boredom.

"Hey, are you new?" A voice asks. I look up to see a smiling blonde girl.

"Yeah, I'm Robin," I greet.

"I'm Gwen, just a warning, this class is a total bore," she warns, "at least you can get work for other classes done during it."

"Yeah, I was kinda expecting that with all of the classes," I chuckle.

"Is anyone sitting here?" She asks, motioning to the seat next to me.

"Oh, uh no," I respond to her. She straightens her skirt and takes a seat at the desk next to me. The last person to enter the room is the teacher.

"My name is Mr. Swan, that is the only time I will tell you my name, so you better remember it," the large man announces.

"He has a bit of a big ego," Gwen whispers.

"Yeah, I was picking up on that," I whisper back.

"Excuse me," Mr. Swan booms, "what is your name?" He points directly at me.

"Robin," I respond.

"Last name," he scowls. Shit, what is my fake name? I can't say Stark!

"Um, St......yles?" I answer thinking of my boy Harry.

"Well, Mrs. Styles, you will learn not to speak in my class unless spoken to," he declares and I nod my head in response. "Okay, class, your first project will be on Neurons. It will be a partner presentation." Everyone in the class looks to their friends. "I will be assigning the partners. Look at the person next to you, they are your partner." I look at Gwen and she smiles. Do I now have a friend now?

"So are you like related to Harry?" Gwen asks as we walk out of class.

"No," I giggle," that's not even my last name. I just blanked." It's really a half lie if you think about it.

"You got me excited," she complains, "well I forgive you." We separate to go to different classes. Math here I come. I take a seat at a random desk and in walks, you guessed it, Peter. In toe is another dude that I don't recognize. Crap, they're walking toward me.

"Ned, this is Robin, Robin, this is Ned," he introduces us. I give a small wave and scowl at Peter.

"I thought we agreed not to acknowledge each other," I groan.

"He's my best friend, I can't keep any secrets from him," Peter points out.

"Is that so?" I ask and he nods. "Hey, Ned do you know about Peter's Super-" I get cut off by Peter putting his hand over my mouth.

"Super awesome... cousin!" Peter covers up, "cause here she is!"

"Really, cousins?" I mumble, "that's the best you could do?"