17. Poptarts and Independence Day

A/N I made a mistake earlier saying it was August, I meant to say July, sorry for the inconvenience.

Robin

    "Wake up! It's America's birthday!" Steve yells as he jumps on my bed. Startled, I lurch up from my sleeping position. Oh, it's just Steve. I hit him with my pillow and soon take out my hearing aids so I don't have to hear him. He doesn't stop, it's been 5 minutes.

    "First of all, it's also the day Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died. Also "our country" did a lot of bad things. So I don't love my country, I like my country," I groan. He responds, but I don't hear him, I just feel the vibration. Soon my bed stops moving and I open my eyes. Nat has joined us in our little America party, and is now yelling at Steve. I quickly throw my hearing aids back in so I can hear the tea.

    "You need to chill, I know this holiday is important to you, but leave her out of this," she warns. My eyes adjust and I see that he is decked out in American merchandise. From his red shoes to his American flag headband. I can't help but chuckle to myself, he looks like an idiot.

    "Hey, what are you laughing at?" He questions, whipping his head around.

    "Nothing, I'm just... admiring your outfit," I laugh. Nat is not as entertained as I am, she looks more disappointed.

    "Really, you like it," Steve smiles like a child. I nod and he pulls out an American flag dress out of nowhere. "Great! Now we can match!"

    "Yeah nope," I tell him as I hop out of bed. "I like the headband though." I jump up and swipe the accessory off of his head and put it on.

    "Yeah, I kind of expected that," he sighs and walks out of the room. Now it's just me and Nat.

    "Is he drunk?" I ask her and she shakes her head. "High?"

    "Nope, just high on life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," she sighs, "and maybe a bit tipsy."

    "Welp, at least he can let loose today," I shrug, "what time is it?"

    "6am, I was able to hold him off for about an hour, then I gave up," she tells me.

    "Well I'm up now," I state, "I'm guessing we're doing something today to celebrate."

    "Yup, Tony is having this huge party," Nat sighs clearly not wanting to go.

    "I get to go to a party! A Tony Stark fucking Party!" I exclaim as I rummage through drawers looking for an outfit.

    "Uhhh, not so fast. You don't get to go," she sternly tells me.

    "Repeat that please," I remark. Why the hell can't I go?

    "Robin, its adults only and currently only us and a few government officials know you even exist," she points out.

    "And Hydra. And Ross's people... that really didn't help my point, did it," I groan.

    "No it didn't," she smiles. "So you'll be cooped up in here, but it's only for tonight. I have to go make sure Steve isn't harassing anyone else now."

    "Steve!" Someone in the hallway yells and Nat darts out to take care of the situation. I'm not getting into whatever the fuck is happening out there. I grab a pair of mom jeans and a random shirt and get changed. My stomach growls as I walk out of my room. Poptarts. I sprint to the elevator and arrive at the main level. I rummage through the cabinets and then I find my first love. I pick it up but the box is lighter than usual a look inside... it's empty. Quickly a look in all of the cabinets again, nothing. I let out a bone shaky cry.