22. Food Drives and Parkour

"Remind me why we signed up to volunteer at a food drive, on a Saturday," Tony groans.

    "Because, I thought that us Avengers should do more than just fight. Isn't that exactly why you started the whole Civil War?" I scold and he shoots me a look, "maybe we should practice what we preach. Also, I used to be exactly like these people." We stack boxes of cans and boxed food products on shelves in a small storage room.

    "I believe it is very considerate of you Robin," Vision pipes in, "it's always good to help the poor people." I groan and bang my head on the wall.

    "I'm going to help Nat with sorting, have fun with dishwasher man Tony," I snip as I leave the room.

    "I don't understand, I always try to be kind," Vision tells Tony as I leave. I walk down a hallway until I get to the main hall where Nat and Sam among countless other people inspect cans and put them in boxes.

    "Hey," I greet as I slide next to Sam and start helping, "is Vision always annoying or am I just Irritable."

    "He is extremely annoying, but you have been pissy today," Nat comments and I hand a full box of food to a woman who is putting them away.

    "Yeah, I don't know why though," I sigh, grabbing a new box. She leans over the table to look at me and raises an eyebrow.

    "No, c'mon. You know not every problem is because I'm on my period," I scold.

    "Okay, did you sleep well last night?" Sam suggests, "cause if you didn't that might be why."

     "Yeah, I couldn't sleep last night, that must be it," I ponder.

    "You know you could just take like melatonin or something," Sam tells me.

    "I did, and I still couldn't sleep," I comment, " I don't know why." Total lie, I couldn't stop thinking about how Gwen probably is the new spider person. I finish another box and for some reason the people who carry the boxes to storage are nowhere to be seen. "Looks like I'll have to take this," I sigh, "I'll be right back." I pick up the box and walk to the door. I swing open the door and hit someone who was in the hallway. "Shit! I'm sorry, are you okay?" I ask as I set down my box to help the person, "Gwen? You volunteer here?"

    "Oh hi Robin," Gwen groans, "look at the time! I need to go!" She gets up and starts to run. I grab her wrist and she turns to look at me.

    "Oh no you don't, we have a lot to talk about," I tell her as I let go.

    "Shit," she grumbles. I look around the hall, no one is in sight, but to be safe we go into an unused storage room.

    "So, do you want to tell me? Or do I need to ask the questions?" I ask leaning against the door.

    "Welp, I don't really know how to phrase this," she sighs, "I guess I'm the new super hero."

    "Yes!" I exclaim, "this would be totally awkward if you weren't."

    "Okay, I answered, now I have a few questions?" She tells me.

    "I guess that makes sense," I shrug.

    "What the actual fuck! I know I have super powers but not fucking force fields, telekinesis and whatever the fuck you did!" She screams out of excitement.

    "That wasn't really a question," I laugh, "but yeah. That's not even the tip of the iceberg, I can fly." Her eyes widen and she looks me straight in the eye.

    "Like I can glide, but actually flying, that's like, hella cool!" She smiles, "wait, does that mean you can patrol with me? We could be partners in, not doing crime!'