19. Time to Fly

Robin

    "Wait, let me ask this again," Tony states droopily, taking a sip from his coffee, "you got jumped?" The group around the table looks as if they haven't slept in a year. They all are drinking water and look as if they might fall asleep at any second.

    "Yeah, but I punched and kicked my way out of it," I tell them and Bucky cocks an eyebrow. "Maybe used some powers," I whisper.

    "Ro, you aren't trained enough to use them in public," Nat warns, "but it's good that you used them when you were in danger. Just make sure to be careful." I look down to the conference table that we are all sitting at.

    "I was careful," I groan, "no one is dead, no one is hurt, no one saw except for us and them." The room is dark and only lit by the sun which has just began to rise.

    "She's right," Peter adds, "it was 5 o'clock, no one was up."

    "Ro, your lucky Peter was there," Steve states, "I don't know what would have happened if he wasn't there." He seems to attempting to sound sincere, but I'm not having this shit.

    "The fuck? Did you not hear a word I said?" I question dumbfounded. "I literally escaped them and then he showed up!"

    "Language," Steve warns. I slam my fist on the table and glare at him.

    "Language my ass," I hiss as I get out of my seat, "I'm going to my room." I start at the door.

    "Okay then," Tony says, "I'm too hungover right now. We will have another meeting tonight." All of the adults agree and go back to their rooms too. Well all of the adults except for Wanda.

    "Why are you following me?" I groan without looking behind to see her.

    "I didn't drink last night, therefore I'm not hungover. Therefore, I'm bored," she tells me as she still follows.

    "You know you can take off that stupid costume right?" I ask Peter who also is also following me, this time from above.

    "How does she do that?" He asks as he jumps down from the ceiling.

    "Do what?" I respond, "and was the ceiling necessary?"

    "Yes, of course it was. How can you tell that we are here without looking, do you have spidey senses too?" He asks.

    "When you are deaf for most of your life, you notice vibrations easier than normal people do," I tell him, "So... what are we going to do?" I finally turn around to face them.

    "I honestly don't know," Peter sighs, "this tower really isn't meant for people under the age of 30."

    "We can.... We literally can't do anything," I sigh, "even if there was something fun, it's probably child locked."

    "You guys are forgetting something," Wanda smiles, "I'm technically not a child." She's got a point.

    "Wait, then can we technically sneak into the armory?" I grin as I start for the stars.

    "Yes, we can!" Peter beems and follows.

    "Guys, I don't really think that's smart," Wanda questions, "just kidding lets go!" We all dart down the stairs. We get to the floor and are stopped by a metal door.

    "State your name," a voice booms.

    "Wanda Maximoff," Wanda answers and a slot pops out of the door. She puts her thumb in the slot and the door slides open.

    "These fuckers aren't ready," I smile before running into the room. Wanda just stands back as me and Peter run around the room like mad men.

    "The Shield!" Peter exclaims. While he's busy admiring Steve's shield, something else catches my eye. Sam's wings. Well... I did help him get them back. He basically owes me this. The only thing between me and the wings is a security system. The first obstacle is a password, which I easily figure out. Falcon is cool? Really Sam? Then I need to scan his eye. I just deactivate it and then the glass flies open.