Nightmare

Nightmare
_______________________

Ava's POV

I looked at the screen in the car. It was 11:47 pm. I looked at the passenger seat and saw y/n asleep. She looked calm now, like we left all her darkness behind. I smiled and looked back at the road.

We were alone on the road 20 minutes away from home when y/n screamed. I hit the brake in surprise and looked at her. Her eyes had turned completely black and she was mumbling something in another language. I was so scared. I tapped her shoulder with my shaky hand and she shivered before falling unconscious. I looked behind us in the mirror and saw that there wasn't anybody behind us.

I rubbed my eyes and saw that y/n was still there. I could see in her face that she was not having a good dream. I decided to wake her up to know what happened. I shook her shoulder and she woke up with a jump, panting.
'Are you okay?' I asked sweetly.
'I-I saw... My mom...'

'How is that possible?'
'I don't know... I normally see my nanny in my dreams but this is different...'
'You said something. What was it?'
'I just asked if she was really my mom but then I felt something and saw a very bright flash before everything turned black and you woke me up'

'Well, it's late now so let's just drop it for now. We'll talk about it next morning'
'Good idea'
I put my hand on my forehead and sighed before restarting the car.

That situation kida reminded me of my song "Freaking Me Out" so I started humming. Humming or singing were calming for me so after the chorus I felt better and more relaxed. I looked at y/n and she smiled at me.

'You have a very beautiful voice' she said.
'Thank you' I smiled back and when she placed her eyes on the road again. She yelled:
'THE TRUCK!!!'

When I looked back at the road, my eyes widened. A giant truck was coming in our direction. I stepped on the brake but it was too late... We crashed.

Truck Driver's POV

This was my last drive before I could go home with my family. The road was straight and empty so I took my phone out to text my wife who was probably awake waiting for me. I couldn't wait to be with her again. It had been a really long day and I was so tired. I heard the sound of brakes trying to stop a car and we crashed.

My airbag and the size of my truck stopped the impact for me but I'm sure the people in the car are not alright. I ran out of the truck and checked on the people in the car. The airbag had gone off but the two people inside were unconscious. They were a teenager and... is that AVA MAX??  It didn't matter. Her nose was slightly bleeding and she had a wound on her forehead. They both had head wounds and they were bleeding.

Pics from the music video of "Into Your Arms" By Witt Lowry feat

Pics from the music video of "Into Your Arms" By Witt Lowry feat. Ava Max

I called 911.
'911 what's your emergency?'
'Hi! I was in a car crash. I'm fine but the people in the other car are not responsive. They have head wounds and they haven't stopped bleeding'
'Could you tell me your location sir?'
'I'm in **** road around 10 kilometers from Los Angeles'
'Try to stop the bleeding with some kind of fabric while I send an ambulance'
'Thank you'

I hung up and went back to the truck to look for some extra clothes I could use to help them.

I only found the dress I bought for my wife to surprise her tonight.
'I'm sure she'll understand'
I ripped the dress in half and started using bits of it as bandages for their wounds. 

After some minutes, the teenage girl woke up and held her head in pain.
'Hey. I'm here. There was a car crash. I was on my phone texting my wife. I'm so terribly sorry about this. An ambulance is on the way'
She looked around and saw Ava. Her eyes widened and she hugged her. I saw some tears in her eyes and she started sobbing.

'Is she going to be alright?' She looked at me with red teary eyes.
'The ambulance should be here at any moment. I'm sure they will take good care of her and you' I tried to comfort her.

I had a question and I couldn't hold it anymore.
'Are you... her daughter?'
She thought about it for a bit.
'I know that when I answer this question you will post it on social media but I don't know if Ava wants to share this with the world right now so you have to promise me not to tell anyone or post anything'
'I promise'

'She showed up at my adoption center today and adopted me so I would say yes. I'm her daughter'
I couldn't believe it. Ava was still single right? I heard the sound of the ambulance coming and got out of the car for them to see me.

The ambulance stopped and some people approached us while some others brought gurneys for us. A doctor opened Ava's eye and flashed a light at it but the pupil didn't change its size... When they moved her head, the bandage fell and a drop of blood went down from her forehead.

They put Ava in a gurney and other doctors checked on the teenager to see if there was any trace of trauma. A doctor approached me.
'Thank you for your help. Are you sure you are okay?'
'Yes. My truck is big and the airbag went off correctly'
'I'll just check really quickly. Try not to close your eyes or move' the doctor said, flashing a little light at me.

'You're good to go. We will take them to the hospital and treat them until they are good. The bill of their medical services will arrive in a letter to your residence. Insurance will do the rest' he said.
'Thank you'

I went back to my truck that still worked and drove home back to my wife.
'I'll check on them soon'
________________________

A/n: I'm feeling somehow inspired lately so I think that the next chapter will be out soon.
:)