Arrival

Arrival

_____________________________

We arrived home and saw that another car was parked in the driveway. Ava didn't seem to worry about it. I helped her out of the car and we went into the house where a stranger was waiting for us.

'Hi Ms. Koci. I'm your interior designer. You are a bit late so I helped myself inside. You wanted to decorate a bedroom I believe?'

'Yes. Follow me. You too y/n'

I followed Ava and the designer upstairs and we entered a white room with just a bed, a desk and a closet. The ceiling had the shape of the rooftop because that was the last floor and the only wall had a huge window.

'I want to redecorate this room and buy more furniture for her' Ava said, pointing at me.

My jaw dropped.

'I get to decorate my own room?!'

'Okay, what color do you want the wall to be? And what about this beautiful ceiling?' the designer asked.

'Um... I want the ceiling to be white and it would be great if I could have gray clouds on my wall'

'That can be arranged' he said, writing everything down.

'What about the floor?'

'Light gray polished wood planks' I had been dreaming of my dream room for years and I was getting to it!

'Mkay...' he wrote it down 'Now, let's talk about furniture'

'I already know everything I want. I would like a couple of plants, something like ferns, a medium size bed, maybe a carpet, a white sideboard, a white desk with a mirror and we'll paint the closet white'

'Look like you have an idea in your mind' the designer wrote everything down and said 'I'll go send this in and we'll come back in a few days to decorate the room'

'Thank you' said Ava.

The designer left and I helped Ava to carefully sit on the couch. I sat with her and placed my head on her lap while she turned on the TV. We were tired and the night came immediately. I tried to focus on the movie we were watching but my eyelids got heavy and I fell asleep.

Ava's POV

I winced in pain as I sat down on the couch.

'Careful, you'll burst your stitches' y/n was worried for me.

I smiled and she sat with me. We were watching a movie when I felt y/n's hand going loose and I knew she was asleep.

I reclined the couch to turn it into a bed and after getting a blanket I laid down with her. I stroked her shoulder and hair until I couldn't keep my eyes open and I fell asleep.

When I woke up, y/n had her head on my lap and was still sleeping. Carefully not to wake her up, I moved her head so it was on the couch and slowly stood up. I winced as I felt the tissue of the wound slightly separating again. I put a hand on my stomach and finished standing up. I needed something to distract me so I decided to make pancakes. I quickly prepared the batter, which was a very easy job and I took out the pan to start cooking the pancakes.

Y/n's POV

I woke up with a sweet smell and a soft fizzling sound. When I opened my eyes, I saw Ava in the kitchen. I stood up and she realized I was there.

'Good morning sunshine!' she said as she flipped the pancake.

I giggled 'Good morning! Does your wound hurt?'

'I'm okay. It hurt a bit when I stood up but I'm okay now' she placed the last pancake on a plate and took both plates to the table as I took forks, knives and maple syrup.

We sat down and started eating the pancakes after pouring some maple syrup on them.

'They're delicious! Thanks Av- I mean mom'

'Thank you' she smiled. We finished the pancakes when she got a call.

'Sorry, I have to take this'

'Go ahead' I said.

She picked up and walked away to another room. I'm sure it's from a secret project or something.

I picked up our plates and cutlery and after rinsing them with water I put them in the dishwasher to then put the maple syrup back in its place. I did the same with the rest of the kitchen. I felt like if I would live there, I would have to make myself useful. When I finished and sat on the couch to wait for Ava she came out the hallway with a smile on her face.

Ava's POV

When I looked at my phone I saw that Cirkut was the one calling me so I excused myself and went to the studio so if he mentioned some secret project, y/n couldn't hear anything.

'Ava! We got a deal! You're performing in Albania!'

'Thank you Cirkut! I knew you could convince them'

'It was your music what convinced them. I played some for them so they knew who was playing on their stage and they loved it and approved it! They say it's so empowering and catchy'

'I'll tell y/n the news and we'll meet at the airport tomorrow morning'

'Hang on... Who is y/n?'

'Long story. You'll see her in the airport and I'll introduce you. Thanks for the deal. Bye!' I blew a kiss to the speaker.

'Okay. Bye'

I went back to the living room with a huge smile on my face and asked:

'Who is ready to fly to Albania tomorrow??'

'You're performing in Albania?!'

'Yes! And you are coming with me' I winked 'I'm performing in the "Air Albania Stadium" and while we are away, they'll finish building your room'

'Yay!' She hugged me tight and I felt a piercing pain.

'Y/n!' I gasped 'It hurts, a lot...'

She let go very quickly.

'Oh my god, I'm so sorry... Will you be able to perform like this?'

'There is only one way to find out'

Your POV

I feel terrible... I could have caused some serious damage. I closed my fists until my nails pierced my skin. I deserved the pain. I closed my teary eyes focusing on the pain when I felt two shaky warm hands delicately opening my hands. I opened my eyes to connect with her deep chocolate eyes.

'It's okay y/n don't worry. Let's go heal your hands'

She dried my tears, took me by my hand and took me to the bathroom where she opened the mirror and took some gauze and iodine for my hands.

'It's going to sting but you're strong' her eyes were full of trust and confidence. I nodded and she poured the brown liquid on the cuts I made with my nails. I bit my lip to suppress the scream that I almost let out but I got used to the stinging eventually. I didn't care about the pain. I deserved it for what I did to Ava anyway.

'Very well y/n' she put a gauze around my hand and then a bandage on it 'Now I would really like to go for a walk. I need physical exercise so I'm not that weak when I recover. We can go shopping if you want'

'Okay. I'll go get ready'