Vision

Vision

I looked around and decided to check on y/n. I put an ear on her door and heard a lot of whispers in an unknown language. I opened her door and saw her laying on her bed facing the ceiling. Her hair was floating around as if she was underwater and her eyes were completely black. A purple aura was surrounding her and I heard thousands of whispers coming out of her.

She was mumbling something in another language. Just like in the car before the accident. Suddenly, I recognized the language. It was Latin!

Did that mean she was seeing her mom again?

I was so scared but I decided to do the same thing I did in the car to wake her up.

I tapped her shoulder and she shivered but didn't wake up. She shook her head and started levitating! I could see there was nothing but air between her and the bed. I started shaking and I weakly called her name while shaking her shoulder.

'Y/n.... Y/n. Y/n!' she gasped and fell to the bed as the aura disappeared and she closed her eyes.

'Why does that happen? We need to find out' I thought.

I shook her shoulder, calling her name sweetly.

'Y/n... Wake up. We need to talk'

She groaned and woke up.

When she saw the look on my face her eyes widened.

'Oh no... I did it again. Did I scare you? I'm so sorry. It won't happen again. I promise but please don't return me to the adoption center!' her eyes teared up and were full of fear.

I hugged her.

'Don't worry. You're not going back there. I just need to know what happened'

She cleared her throat and started explaining:

'Ever since my mom died-' her voice broke and her eyes were already full of tears.

'Since my mom died' she sobbed as I tightened the hug 'My dad was mad at me and would beat me up as you know so some nights, mom would visit me in my dreams. I talked to her and got to know her until I saw that she was slowly fading away' Her voice broke again but she continued.

'The last time I saw her, she said that her connection with the living world was slowly fading as she drifted off to the nether. She promised me that she would find a way to come back and talk to me before disappearing' Tears were streaming down her face.

'That night, I woke up and saw every single object that my mom had touched at some point in her life in my room falling in a perfect circle around me. They must had been levitating around me or something'

She broke down sobbing uncontrollably and mumbling nonsense.

'Hey' I said sweetly 'Don't worry. You are safe with me' I stroked her back as she slowly calmed down. She eventually fell asleep in my arms. I delicately placed her on the bed again and went back to my bed.

'I'll help her in any way I can' I thought before drifting off to sleep.

I woke up the next morning at the sound of a melody being played with a guitar. Half asleep, I stumbled to the living room to find y/n sitting on the couch playing the guitar we bought. She was playing a song I didn't know and it sounded so good. Suddenly the sound stopped and I saw her looking at me with widened eyes.

'I-I uhh... I'm sorry' she said, closing the notebook she had in front of her and putting the guitar back in its place.

'No! It sounded so wonderful! Was it an original? Did you write it?' I asked.