Final Rehearsal

Final Rehearsal

I woke up in a hotel room. It was just a day before the concert! I felt a tear on my cheek and I remembered. Ava had told me the three special words that never came out of my father's lips. I love you. I realized that there was a hand around my waist. Ava was asleep hugging me.

I turned around to face her. She looked peaceful but tired from the pain on the plane. She didn't deserve that pain... If someone deserved it it was me. She went to the adoption center because of me, she took me and I allowed her to get distracted in the car leading us to a car crash!

I felt a warm hand caressing my cheek.

'What's wrong my love?'

'It's just...' I sobbed 'It's all my fault! If I didn't keep you waiting in my room talking about my stupid life, we wouldn't have been in the car crash! And even if I did, I let you get distracted and caused the accident!' I finished crying 'I don't get how you are not mad at me...'

She gave me a warm smile that made me feel better.

'It's not your fault. I decided to adopt you and I'm glad I did. I allowed myself to get distracted on the road and you've taken care of me and loved me so much. Why would I be mad at you? I'm mad at myself for dragging you to that car accident!'

I hugged her and I heard her lightly sobbing.

'Oh no... The last thing I wanted was to make you cry'

'I'm okay... Come on, we have to go to the final rehearsal. The concert is tomorrow!'

She dried her tears and we got dressed to go to a dance studio where the dancers were waiting.

'I love you y/n' she said out of nothing.

I felt a tear going down my cheek while I looked at her, smiling.

'Hey, Sunshine. Why are you crying?' she said, kneeling down and drying my tears.

'It's just that... My own father never told me those words and I've been dreaming of the moment someone said that to me for years! Last night you said them too but you didn't see me cry because you were tired and fell asleep'

'Aww. I love you y/n. And I will never stop loving you' she said, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

We arrived at the studio and I met the girls again. I remembered all of their names, Alyssa, Elyssa, Alex, Tiffany, Randi, Maggie and Kelsey. They were very nice and we talked a bit while they warmed up.

Ava seemed to feel better because she danced better than before but she still winced in pain with some moves...

On their break, I approached Ava and asked:

'Are you sure you can perform?'

'I have to. I don't want to let down my fans... Imagine if I canceled the concert just because I have a stupid wound. It could be years until my next performance in Albania and they all would have to wait because I canceled. The tickets are sold out! Sorry y/n but I'm going to perform tomorrow whether you want it or not'

'I understand mom. Just... be careful' she kissed my forehead and went back to the rehearsal. I spent most of the time learning how to play Fortnite on my Nintendo because seeing Ava in pain made me so sad.

Ava's POV

When the rehearsal ended, I got a call. It was Cirkut. I picked up and he started:

'I'm so sorry I wasn't at the airport yesterday. Something else came up and I didn't have time to go'

'It's okay. We are at the dance studio if you want to talk'

'On my way'

He hung up.

I turned to y/n.

'Y/n, you are going to meet the man who saved me and helped me with my career. Cirkut is on his way here. Do you want a snack? There is a vending machine in the hallway'

'I can't wait to meet him and yes. I'm starving and you need some nutrients'

I took my wallet and phone and we went towards the vending machine. I took out some money and got some chips for both of us.

'I love chips!! Back when I was in the adoption center I could only have them when I ran away and had enough money'

'Here chips are very common so you'll eat lots of them, don't worry' I giggled while opening the bag.

Your POV

'I feel like in heaven' I said while eating a delicious chip. They were as good as I remembered and the salty tone was just... perfect...

We went back to where I had been playing and sat down on the bench. We ate the chips and some minutes later, Cirkut arrived.

'Hi Ava! Hello umm.... y/n?'

'Yes'

Ava told him everything except the wound that wasn't closed yet and he nodded.

'Well. It was a good choice. You know you are supposed to take care of her, not her of you right?' he joked.

'That's what I think about all the time' said Ava giggling.

'Well, let's go through the details again. You are performing at the Air Albania stadium which is literally a minute away from your hotel. You'll arrive around noon so we can have everything ready and do the second soundcheck in front of the fans with soundcheck tickets.

You'll put the in-ear monitor on after putting on the suit so it doesn't get tangled. You will have time to explore the area a bit after the soundcheck and you could interact a bit with your fans and the press. Then, you can relax backstage, eat something, warm up and perform your pre-show ritual.

Bebe Rexha will be the support artist, she'll sing for an hour and a half, from 3:30PM to 5:00PM and then Avril Lavigne will be the opening act for an hour, from 5:00PM to 6:00PM.

After her performance, she will introduce you and you will go onstage with her and she'll leave when the first song starts. After the three hour concert, you have some time to take a shower, eat something and maybe do something else.

You will do a meet and greet with your fans and an interview. Then, you are free to do whatever you want' he said.

Ava's POV

I took some mental notes while Cirkut explained everything and said:

'Cool! I can't wait to meet my Albanian fans'

'We are gonna go to the location now so you can see the stadium while we set up the stage and when it's ready, we're gonna do the first soundcheck' said Cirkut.

'Okay' I took y/n's hand and we went into Cirkut's car.

He turned on the music from his drive and we got to listen to projects by Britney Spears, Katy Perry, The Weeknd, Ke$ha and more. Even some of mine! I didn't really like replaying my demos but when I saw y/n's reaction to them I laughed.

'What? I've never heard this song before' she said after her jaw dropped.

'That's because I haven't released it yet. Maybe I won't. We still don't know what to do with it' I explained.

'You won't release it?? But it's so good!! I love it' y/n put both hands on her heart while moving in the rhythm of the music.

'Maybe we could somehow modify it. It was leaked a while ago and almost every Avatar has heard it. The title is 'Emotions'. I think I'll change some things here and there and release it. What do you think Cirkut?' I asked.

'It's a good idea. You could include it in your album' he said with eyes still on the road.

Cirkut's POV

I met y/n today. She is cute and Ava looks so happy with her. When I heard about the car crash and how she took care of Ava, I knew she was perfect for Ava. She is nice and her opinion generated an idea. We decided we are going to release 'Emotions' with some changes. I already have a nice beat in mind for the song even though the original one was perfect...

A/N: This chapter is a bit short but I'll try to make the rest longer ;)