Flight

Flight

We went to the gates and waited for ours to open. Ava was wearing a wig and sunglasses so nobody recognized her. When they called the passengers of our plane in, we took our place in the line and patiently waited. We arrived to our seats and Ava closed the curtain so nobody saw us to take off her wig and glasses.

'Uff! This wig is so uncomfortable' she complained, scratching her head.

I put my head on her shoulder and I could imagine her smiling.

'Mom' I said looking up.

'What do you need my love?'

'I... I've never been on a plane... I'm getting a bit scared' I confessed.

'Don't worry. Hold on to my hand and everything will be alright. You will love flying. Just look outside the window if you are not afraid of heights' she gave me a warm smile and a squeeze on my shoulder.

'Okay' I felt more relaxed. I held her hand and I felt the plane vibrating very loudly. I looked at Ava and saw that she was calm so I assumed that it was normal.

The plane started to move slow and then faster so I held on to Ava's hand tight. She gave me a reassuring squeeze and I smiled. I started to feel gravity pull me against the chair as the plane tilted back. My adrenaline level went up while we gained altitude and when we were flying straight, I smiled and did a little victory dance.

'I did it! I didn't panic or anything! I like flying now!'

Ava giggled. She had a tired look.

'You should sleep mom' I stroked her shoulder.

'Yeah...' she yawned 'You're right. The flight is long. You can explore the plane once we reach the cruise altitude'

She fell asleep and I played Sonic for a bit. Suddenly, the captain spoke through the speakers:

'Dear passengers, it delights me to inform you that we've reached cruise altitude without any problems. We have clear skies and flight attendants will come by with snacks in about half an hour. Thanks for choosing us and have a good flight' I saw some people standing up and going for a walk through the curtain so I decided to do the same.

I looked both ways to make sure nobody was looking and I opened the curtain to get out of our section. As soon as I was out, I gave Ava a kiss on her forehead and closed the curtain again. I walked around the plane. It felt so weird. There was literally nothing under the plane, we were flying!

I was walking back to our section when I heard a muffled scream coming from Ava's seat. I ran towards her and opened the curtain to find Ava with a hand on her stomach and the other one on her mouth.

'Are you okay?!'

She shook her head and I saw her teary eyes. She winced in pain muffling another scream and I pressed the button to call a flight attendant.

When she arrived, she saw Ava's state and said:

'I'll be right back'

She spoke through the speaker:

'Is there a doctor on this flight? It's an emergency. I repeat. Is there a doctor on this flight?'

'Here!' A black haired man stood up 'I'm a professional doctor at "Los Angeles Surge Hospital"'

'Please come to the seats 25C and 25D in the first class section'

The man made his way towards us and lifted Ava's shirt revealing the wound. It was slightly bleeding little blood clots.