Chapter 2: Failure

(This part's pretty long so be prepared.)

The next day after (Y/n) ate ramen with Naruto and Iruka it was without a doubt the most important day in (Y/n's) life. It was the graduation exams at the academy. (Y/n) woke and ate a good breakfast since it's the most important meal of the day.

"Jeez, this is scary." (Y/n) said entering the classroom and taking his seat. It was still early and the only people there were Shikamaru Nara and Sasuke Uchiha. (Y/n) practiced the hand signs for every jutsu he was ever thought hoping it would be a physical exam since that was all he's good at. An hour passed and everyone in the class was there and Iruka had just stepped into the class. He pulled out a piece of paper and cleared his throat. 

"The final test will be on... the clone jutsu." (Y/n) and Naruto both put their heads in their desk in disappointment. "First up is (Y/n) (L/n)," Iruka called out, and (Y/n) slowly got up and slowly walked over to the room down the hall where Iruka and Mizuki sensei were. There on the desk in front of them were several headbands for the people who passed.

"Here goes nothing." (Y/n) put his hands together and began building up Anti-Chakra. A black aura surrounded him and soon began taking over the room. Then (Y/n) attempted the clone jutsu and a giant puff of smoke appeared and as expected nothing. (Y/n) stood there in shock along with Iruka while Mizuki looked unimpressed. "(Y/n) (L/n) you failed," Iruka said quietly but still loud enough for (Y/n) to hear.

Without a word (Y/n) left the room and exited the academy and went back to his hangout spot on the top of the Hokage faces where he sat there looking over the village for hours. "Can I sit here?" (Y/n) heard a voice say from behind him. He looked and saw Mizuki and nodded. 

"I know you're going through a lot right now with you failing the graduation exams but, what if I told you there is another way you can pass." (Y/n's) eyes widened, and he looked at Mizuki with excitement. "Really?" (Y/n) asked and Mizuki nodded. "Iruka never says it but all you have to do is sneak into the Hokages office and steal something called the scroll of sealing. If you do that you'll easily pass. Just make sure you do it tonight." Mizuki got up and left as (Y/n) was left to think about what just happened.

Later at night (Y/n) snuck into the Hokages mansion somehow and saw something he didn't plan on seeing that night. His new friend Naruto trying to escape with the scroll of sealing in hand. "What are you doing here, Naruto?" (Y/n) asked him. "Mizuki sensei told me that I'd pass if I learned a jutsu in this scroll," Naruto said rather loudly alerting the guards outside of the door forcing the two of them to leave.

"That's odd. Mizuki said that all I had to do was steal the scroll and I would pass." (Y/n) said leading Naruto to his place where he would train in the woods but, this time it was much deeper in the woods. "I guess we helped each other out," Naruto said sitting on the ground and looking at the scroll.

"No, you helped me out. You were the one who got it." (Y/n) said to Naruto. The two of them looked through the scroll and tried some jutsu with no luck. The more they unraveled the scroll the harder the jutsu got and the more frustrated the two got. "This is all so stupid!" Naruto said as he threw the scroll onto the ground and allowed (Y/n) to see something that looked like it was scribbled out of the scroll. 

"Inverse hand seals?" (Y/n) questioned looking at the scribbled-out part from the scroll. "How about we try the first one." (Y/n) said pointing at one called Multi-Shadow Clone Jutsu. After some argument from Naruto, they began trying it with (Y/n) also attempting the Inverse hand seals seeing that he was making massive progress.

After one hour of practicing one jutsu, they had finally got it. "There you two are!" Iruka said walking up to Naruto and (Y/n) who were trying to catch their breath on the floor. "Look at this Iruka snsei." (Y/n) said. "We were able to learn one jutsu from the scroll while we were out here," Naruto said as the two stood up and Looked at Iruka with smiles on their faces. 

"You're going to let us pass now, right?" Naruto asked Iruka who looked at them. "Yeah! Whoever can steal the scroll or learn a jutsu from it gets to pass right?" (Y/n) asked Iruka whose face became more worried. "Where did you learn that?!" Iruka asked worriedly. "Mizuki sensei." Naruto and (Y/n) said in unison. 

"Mizuki," Iruka thought to himself as dozens of kunai came flying towards them. Iruka pushed (Y/n) and Naruto out of the way getting hit with every single kunai causing him to bleed profusely. "Hand over the scroll you two," Mizuki demanded. 

Iruka pulled each kunai out of his body and looked at Mizuki in shock. "Don't listen to him. He's lying to you two!" Iruka yelled. Naruto and (Y/n) sat on the floor and looked at Mizuki in confusion. "You wanna know who's lying to you? They've been lying to you your entire life, Naruto since the decree 12 years ago. Everyone knows except for those under the rank of chunin." Mizuki said with a devilish smirk on his face.

"Wait, Mizuki. This is a forbidden secret!" Iruka yelled out. "The decree is that no one can tell you that the nine-tailed fox is sealed within you, Naruto. The fox spirit that killed Iruka's parents and destroyed the village is sealed in your body, Naruto!- You are the nine-tailed fox!"

These words rang through Naruto's head while Mizuki kept spilling secrets about Naruto. "... and you (Y/n). You're just a monster. Where ever you do danger always follows. You've nearly killed several people just by touching them. You're nothing short of a demon yourself. That's why this is what you deserve!"

Mizuki pulled out a Fuma Shuriken (That giant shuriken that's rarely ever used) and threw it at (Y/n) who tried running away. (Y/n) prepared for impact just to see Iruka taking the Shuriken in the back. "Iruka sensei?" (Y/n) said confused. Iruka gave his sad backstory that ended with Naruto and (Y/n) running away. (I don't feel like doing Iruka's backstory).

After running for some time Naruto and (Y/n) hid behind a tree and listened in on Iruka and Mizuki talking. Iruka talked about how (Y/n) and Naruto aren't anything bad. They're just hardworking kids. With their spirits boosted Naruto and (Y/n) attacked Mizuki with (Y/n) draining some of his chakra in the process.

"If you ever lay a hand on Iruka sensei again... We'll kill you," Naruto said more serious than ever. "Those are big words for two failures. I could kill you two in one jutsu." 

Naruto did the hand seals for the Shadow clone jutsu and (Y/n) did the opposite. "Shadow clone jutsu!" they both yelled and 100 clones of Naruto and (Y/n) appeared. They beat on Mizuki without any remorse until he was nothing but a bloody face and nearly died due to his chakra reserves being unbelievably low.

"Sorry, Iruka sensei. We got a little carried away." Naruto said scratching the back of his head. "Come here for a second," Iruka asked the two of them to do. "Now close your eyes you two." they both closed their eyes as Iruka put headbands on both of their foreheads. "Open" Iruka said.

'Congratulations. You two passed." Iruka said to them. For a second (Y/n) and Naruto stood there in shock but soon began jumping around in excitement. "And to celebrate I'll take you two to for ramen. My treat."