Chapter 11: The Battle On the Bridge

"Wake up you two. You'll catch a cold out here." a feminine voice said to (Y/n) and Naruto.

"Sakura?" Naruto asked opening his eyes. (Y/n) did the same.

They both saw a beautiful black-haired woman looking over them. Both of them felt their faces get hot while looking at her.

She looks better than any woman I've ever seen. Even the one's in the magazines.

(Y/n) thought to himself.

"What are you doing out here?" (Y/n) asked after clearing his throat.

"I'm picking herbs." the woman or girl responded quickly. She seemed to be around their age maybe a year or two older.

"Herbs? Why?" Naruto asked in his usual clueless tone.

"They're used for healing human illnesses. And, they're for someone special to me," she told the two of them. "You two wouldn't mind helping me?" she asked in a soft tone.

(Y/n) and Naruto looked at each other then nodded. They began picking up anything that looked like an herb like it was a competition. This earned a small laugh out of the girl.

"If you don't mind me asking, what were you two doing out here?" she asked looking at them both.

"We were out here training!" Naruto yelled out proudly.

"So you're both ninjas? I can tell by the headbands," she said pointing at the Leaf headbands on their heads.

"So you noticed?" (Y/n) asked equally as proud.

"Only super cool ninja like me wear these headbands," Naruto said earning a  smack on the back of his head.

"We're both wearing headbands. Idiot." 

Naruto grabbed his head and let out a small groan.

"Tell me then. If you are out here training are you training to fight a dangerous opponent?" she asked. Her face seemed a lot colder than form a few seconds ago.

(Y/n) covered Naruto's mouth before he could say anything stupid.

"Well, we are ninjas. And like a ninja we're supposed to train at all times to fight all types of dangerous opponents. So, to answer your question yes. We are training to fight someone really strong."

The woman stopped picking the herbs and looked at the ground.

"I get that, but why do you really train out here?" she asked.

"I wanna earn the respect of everyone in the village and become Hokage!"

"I wanna get the respect of everyone and be strong like the Hokage. No, I wanna be stronger than the Hokage." (Y/n) said sticking his tongue out at Naruto.

She laughed at the two of them.

"Is there anyone precious to the two of you?" she asked.

"Of course! I got this idiot right here." (Y/n) said jokingly.

The girl didn't respond as she stared into the air for some seconds. It was as if she had a very important flashback relating to "her" character which I don't feel like explaining.

"You see when a person has someone precious to them they become genuinely strong."

Like when we protected Iruka-sensei. Or when Kakashi-sensei was protecting us.

"Yeah. We know exactly what you mean." (Y/n) told her.

She stood up and grabbed the basket full of herbs and turned away from the two.