Chapter 8: Team 7 vs. Zabuza

Kakashi slowly raised his headband above his eye revealing a scar and the famous Sharingan.

Isn't that a dojustu exclusive to the Uchiha clan, (Y/n) questioned to himself.

Team 7 surrounded Tazuna with their kunai out and ready. (Y/n) pulled out his blade as more and more mist began coming in. Zabuz pointed his giant sword at Kakashi.

"Kakashi Hatake. Your name was in the bingo book last time I looked. The man who has copied over 1,000 jutsu. The copy cat ninja, Kakashi." Zabuza said with a hint of excitement on his face.

I never thought Kakashi would be this famous of a ninja, (Y/n) thought looking at Kakashi.

"Enough talk. I've gotta get through you to kill that old man. But, I guess I'll have to kill you first, eh, Kakashi?" Zabuza said leaping back to the nearby river and building up huge amounts of chakra.

"Hidden Mist Jutsu," Zabuza said disappearing into the mist

"Don't worry. He'll come after me first." Kakashi reassured them.

"But, who was that?" Sakura asked shaking in her boots.

"Zabuza Momochi. The ex-leader of the Hidden Mist assassination unit. He's a master of the silent killing technique. It can happen in an instant. Without any sound or warning. It's so fast you pass from this world without even knowing what happened. The Sharingan cannot see through this. So, keep your guard up."

Silence followed.

"Well, if we fail we'll only lose out lives." Kakashi joked.

"How can you joke like that?!" Sakura yelled at Kakashi.

It seems like the mist gets thicker by the second.

The mist became so thick that Kakashi disappeared leaving team 7 all alone.

"Eight points." Zabuza's voice came all throughout the mist.

"Larnyxs, Spine, Liver, Lungs, Jugular, Subclavian artery, Kidneys, Heart. Now, which will be my kill point?" Zabuza said from within the mist.

Kakashi charged up the chakra and dispelled some of the mist. Zabuza and Kakashi's blood lust was felt b everyone making almost all of them drop to their knees beside Kakashi who stood tall in front of them.

Everyone trembled with fear. Sasuke brought up a kunai to his throat ready to end it all.

"Sasuke, calm down. I'll protect you with my life. All of you. I won't let any of my comrades die. Trust me." Kakashi told them giving a light-hearted and reassuring smile.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," Zabuza told Kakashi reappearing in between Team 7 and Tazuna. "It's over."

At blinding speeds, Kakashi rushed at Zabuza blocking the attack with a kunai and stabbing him in the gut. The rest looked on as water flowed out of Zabuza's wound and another Zabuza appeared behind him.

"Behind you, sensei" (Y/n) and Naruto yelled out in unison.

The real Zabuza swung his sword at Kakashi who also turned into water.

What was that?

"Don't move." the real Kakashi said to Zaubza holding a kunai to his neck.

Naruto cheered as Kakashi and Zabuza stood in front of them all.

"Is that so? You just don't get it, do you? You see, your just a copycat ninja. And I'll never lose to the likes of you. When you made that little speech of yours that's when you made that clone. But, your copycat jutsu will never be better than the original." Zabuza turned into water as another appeared behind Kakashi.

Zabuza swung his sword horizontally. Kakashi ducked under it but Zabuza switched the hand that was holding his blade and kicked Kakashi into the water. Team 7 watched as the sensei flew through the air and landed in the water making a huge splash.

"It's not over yet." Zabuza yelled rushing at Kakashi "Eh?" Zabuza stopped and looked at the floor. "Spikes. He's trying to slow me down. That won't work."

Zabuza jumped into the water as Kakashi raised. Zabuza laughed while doing several hand signs.

"Water prison jutsu!"

A giant water ball surrounded Kakashi trapping him in a prison of water.

"This may just be water but this is stronger than steel. I'll deal with you. But, I want you to see your students die first. Water clone jutsu."

A clone made of water formed next to Zabuza.

"Hehehe. You probably think that those headbands make you a ninja, huh? When you've hovered between life and death so many times that it doesn't faze you then you may be called a ninja. When you've become so deadly, your profile is entered in my bing book, then you may have earned the title ninja. But to call children such as yourself ninja is a disgrace."

The mist started rolling in again as Zabuza's clone disappeared. Naruto has suddenly kicked away and his headband flew off. Zabuza stepped on it and laughed.

"You're all just brats."

"You guys gotta get outa here! He's not holding back! Don't worry about me just get outa here!" Kakashi yelled from the water prison.

Even if we do that he'll just track us down again and kill the bridge builder. We've gotta do something.

Sasuke attempted to rush Zabuza which obviously ended in failure.

Plus, if we take out the clone he'll just make another one.

Naruto slowly got up groaning and holding his hand. The kunai wound from earlier started bleeding.

"Sorry, Kakashi-sensei! It's like you said. Those who break the rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum." (Y/n) told Kakashi. 

He walked over to Naruto helping him up with Sasuke, Sakura, and Tazuna standing behind them.

Naruto looked at Zabuza with determination before rushing to him and grabbing his headband but getting kicked away.

"Naruto! Why'd you so that you idiot! You could've been killed!" Sakura yelled from the back.

Naruto chuckled as he slowly got up.

"You better write this down in that Bingo Book of yours. The ninja who will become the Hokage of the village is hidden in the leaves.  He never backs down. And his name's Naruto Uzumaki."