Chapter 13: Land of Waves- End

(Y/n) pov

I stood next to Naruto confused about how to feel. Sasuke and I weren't friends in the slightest, but he risked his life for us to live. I'm not sad, but I'm not mad. If I had to use a word I'd say I'm very confused.

I watched as Haku slowly put his hands together forming a jutsu. 

"Ice...Dome." Haku said coughing up some blood in between.

Even if we are enemies I can't help, but feel bad. Naruto was much unlike me. He yelled into the air and rushed towards Haku on all fours. I followed soon after. His speed was incredible even I couldn't keep up. 

Naruto used his newly grown claws to scratch at the ice. Yet again Haku slowly made hand seals for another jutsu. I grabbed a kunai from my pouch and poured my chakra into it. The kunai turned the same color as Yama when I use it.

I threw the kunai as it dug itself into the ice letting anti-chakra out of it. The ice dome surrounding Haku began melting. With one final roar, Naruto punched through the ice hitting Haku in the face shattering his mask into hundreds of pieces revealing who Haku really was.

My eyes widened seeing the face of the boy/girl from the forest earlier. Naruto stopped his fist inches away from Haku's face.

"So, that guy from the forest earlier was you?" Naruto asked softly.

"Why did you stop? Do you not want to avenge your comrade?" Haku asked coldly. 

Naruto looked back at Sasuke's lifeless body. I looked too. Several senbon covered in blood stuck out his body. I ran over to Haku and hit him in the face as hard as I could. There were several cracks heard as Haku's body fell to the floor with him coughing up blood.

"That's not it." he slowly said getting. "You're still holding back," Haku said. He looked directly at us with all his injuries seeming like just a slight inconvenience. "Perhaps your comrade didn't mean as much as you thought." It was as if Haku was mocking us right now.

I clenched my fist.

"Life is meaningless. You're just a tool for someone else. Day after day doing meaningless things like training just to learn that you're nothing." Haku now said this with a smile.

"Speak for yourself," Naruto complained.

"I am speaking about myself. This day has shown that I am of no use to Zabuza."

"Zabuza's nobody!" I yelled this out to Haku. "Zabuza's just rotten filth on this world who knows only about violence. He's never cared about you! SO, why should you care about him!" I told Haku only earning a small sigh from the ice ninja.

"There were others who mattered to me long ago. My father and mother. I was born in the land of Water in a small village where the snow lies deep in the winter. My parents were farmers and very poor. Our life was hard, but we were content. They were good to each other and kind to me. We were... happy."

A smile crept across Haku's face for a brief moment.

"But then that all changed. Because of something that happened long before I was born." Haku looked at us while coughing up blood in his hand. "It was my father. He killed my mother and almost killed me. After many years of suffering the people of my land came to fear and hate anyone who carried the Kekkei Genkai in their blood."

That must be the ice jutsu.

I thought to myself.

"The advanced bloodline of my people passed down for generations..."

My ears are ringing. I can't see. Everything until now was pure adrenaline. I could feel my body wanting to fall to the ground. I could hear a few parts of Haku's story like how Zabuza treats him.

"Kill me. I'm like a broken tool. There's no use for me now. So, please kill me." Haku asked looking at us with a small smile. It seemed like a genuine smile. 

'No way! Zabuza treats you like a slave! You're not some tool or weapon for him to use. You're a human being and only you can decide how you want to live your life. You shouldn't let someone like Zabuza control how you should live. I get it he saved your life and all, but that shouldn't mean you're his tool for the rest of your life." I said trying to plead with Haku.

Thinking about it now I don't want him to die.

two flashbacks later

Haku's monologue was interrupted by the sound of... birds. And a bright light coming from Kakashi's hand. Haku looked over with worry in his eyes.

"It was a pleasure meeting you. Naruto and (Y/n). May we meet again one day in a better place." Haku disappeared from sight. 

Naruto and I looked and saw Haku appear in front of Zabuza who was trapped.

"Raikiri!" Kakashi thrust his hand forward into Haku's chest without realizing it.

Blood sprayed over Kakashi and Zabuza as if it were raining. Zabuza looked at Haku's dead body which is the only thing between him and certain death. He laughed and lifted up his sword.

"I finally found a use for you, Haku!" Zabuza swung his sword down at Kakashi who leaped back. He set Haku's body on the ground

From that point on Kakashi demolished Zabuza going as far as rendering both his arms useless.

"Hey, Naruto where's Sasuke?" Sakura asked as she and Tazuna walked up. 

Neither I nor Naruto said a word which told Sakura exactly what happened. Kakashi and Zabuza stopped fighting when a mob of people showed up, 

"Hehehe. Sorry to say it Zabuza, but there's been a slight change of plans. You die here." the man who I can only assume is Gato told Zabuza.

Zabuza raised an eyebrow.

"You got a high price on your head. So, I've decided to take you off the payroll." Gato laughed and walked to the dead body of Haku. "How pitiful," he said while stepping on his face.

"Stop that you fat bastard!" was all I managed to yell. I took some steps forwards then darkness.

A/n: Listen I am not explaining Naruto's Talk no Jutsu. We've all watched Naruto. He convinces Zabuza to kill all the people and life goes on. I'm sorry but I'm very tired. Haven't slept in like 2 days.

no one pov

Several days later (Y/n) awoke from his slumber. Several bandages were wrapped around his entire body.

"Ah, you're finally awake. Just in time too" Kakashi told (Y/n) handing him a bag of his things. "We're leaving today."

(Y/n) got up with his bag and headed out. Within that time the bridge had been finished and got a proper name 

The Great Naruto and (Y/n) Bridge.

Everyone said their goodbyes and Team 7 headed on their way back to the village. Ready for whatever is to come next.