Chapter 32: Sasuke's Betrayal

An abrupt knock on the door caused (Y/n) to groan. He got up from his bed and opened the door squinting when the sunlight hit his eyes.

"Naruto?" he asked.

"Yep," Naruto replied quickly. "Granny said she was looking for you. Said it was really important."

Once fully opening his eyes (Y/n) looked at Naruto. "Wait, granny?" he asked. "Who're you talkin' about?"

"Oh..." Naruto began. "The new Hokage here. Granny Tsunade."

Wow, I thought it take longer for them to find a Hokage.

"Alright, just give me a second." 

(Y/n) walked back into his apartment and pick his clothes up.

I need to wash these.

He put on his clothes and looked around. Something seemed off.

Wait a second... where's Badger at?

(Y/n) shrugged it off and walked out the door with Naruto heading toward the Hokage office. The walk was short and like normal in the village, uneventful. Upon arriving they both ran into Shikamaru coming standing next to the door.

"Ahh, there you are," Shikamaru said. "I've been waiting here for ten minutes for you," he spoke lazily.

(Y/n) and Naruto looked at each other unimpressed.

"What a drag. Right?" they said in unison.

Shikamaru scoffed and opened the door. "Just hurry up," he said. (Y/n) followed and walked in seeing.

Tsunade, Fith Hokage of the Village Hidden in the Leafs. (Y/n) looked at her and gulped. Shikamaru and (Y/n) stood right next to each other.

"Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" (Y/n) whispered.

"What?" Shikamaru said. He looked at Tsunade then back at (Y/n). "Perv."

"No, I'm not..."

Tsunade cleared her throat and spoke.

"As you both know, the Chunin exams were unfortunately cut short due to the attack on the village. Now, Lord Third left specific instructions on what to do in the end. I don't know either of you personally or as a ninja, but Hiruzen wanted both of you to become Chunin."

(Y/n) and Shikamaru's eyes widened. (Y/n) looked around the room feeling like this was a joke of sorts. Most of the Elite ninjas were present in the room. Ibiki, Anko, Asuma, Kurenai, Might Guy, and... 

Kakashi-Sensei?

(Y/n) said in his head. Kakashi gave him a smile and a thumbs up. Tsunade reached under her deal and pulled out two Chunin uniforms.

"From this point forward, Shikamaru Nara and (Y/n) (L/n). You are officially Chunin of the Village Hidden in the Leafs."

"Kakashi. If you could stay back for a while. I need to talk with you." Tsunade said. "The rest of you are dismissed." each ninja in the room disappeared going off with their teams.

"What is it, Lord Thir... Fifth?" Kakashi asked. 

"That boy on your team. Hiruzen said something about some sort of power he has. He said it was 'unlike anything he'd ever seen." she started. "I'd like to know exactly what it is."

Kakashi rubbed the back of his head and chuckled. "Well, I can't tell you what it is."

Tsunade raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really? And why is that?" she asked a bit annoyed by his response.