☆1☆

*NSFW warning for this fic as well as TW for possible sexual harassment*

                                                                                  *STILL SHOTS*

I had spent the summer home with grandma. I was taking care of her. She isn't sick, thank god. But she's old. And she needs help now. But things were going to change soon enough since the new school year was starting. I managed to get out of community college and into Paradis University. The acceptance rate was below thirty so I'm surprised I got in. I was starting my sophomore year in college. I applied to commute when I applied to Paradis the first time. But because of the money, I couldn't do it. So I settled for community college, which wasn't a bad thing at all. Me going to Paradis U was a dream, not a need. I could have chosen to stay in community college. But when will I get another opportunity to Paradis? What if this chance was my last? I didn't want to sit on that thought.

After graduation, I managed to find a way to make some money. And throughout my freshman year of college, I saved all the money I had and got myself a car. I also financially supported my grandma and me. I don't plan on stopping. I also have enough money to hire a nurse to assist my grandma so that when I'm gone for school, she can still have someone to take care of her. This year, with the new money coming in, I can afford to live in an apartment on campus. So, I'm moving into Paradis University. I wouldn't consider myself to be moving out because it isn't permanent. I would come back for every break we have and other times in between. I love my grandmother. She raised me when my parents didn't and took me in with open arms.

She's a sweetheart really. Never once felt burdened by taking care of me. At least from what I've seen. She's always embraced every side of me. Even my flaws. She's my mother. My parents are addicts. Never once cared for responsibility. I don't hate them. I guess you can say I hold resentment. It isn't their fault they're like that. But it's their lack of even trying to get better that makes me angry. They didn't think to try, not once. Not even for me. Luckily, they had no more kids after that. A selfish part of me wanted them to have another kid. Just so I didn't feel so alone. But I'd rather be the only child and deal with the heartbreak of their absence than other people going through the same thing. They try here and there to stay in contact. They say happy birthday sometimes. And other times they're too strung out to even say Merry Christmas. I don't expect anything from them anymore. I figured it's better that way. But with this newfound money, they come crawling to me weekly, asking for money. Of course, I know it's to support their habits. So I say no. I once offered to send them to rehab, all expenses paid. They cursed at me and didn't talk to me for five months. So I see where their priorities lie.

I put the last of my things in the trunk of the car before closing it and heading back inside. I woke up early to finish my packing. I finished before nine. I would get the keys to my apartment at eleven. I wasn't worried about missing classes, mostly because I have a later class today. I set up my schedule based on what I wanted to do. Monday's and Tuesday's were early classes from 9 A.M to noon. I had three one-hour classes. Wednesday's and Thursday's were later classes from noon to about 4:30. I had three one-hour classes and one class that ran about an hour and a half. I had Friday through Sunday completely free to do what I wanted. It was the perfect setup.

It was the end of August when it was time to go back to school so it's starting to get a bit cooler but not too cold. I zip up my jacket before walking into the living room where I saw grandma sitting down, drinking her daily coffee, and watching dramas on the TV. I smile before sitting myself on the couch next to her. I kiss her cheek to which she smiles. I brush her hair away from her face before she turns and looks at me, holding her hand over mine.

"Your hand is so cold!" She exclaims as she attempts to warm my hand up with hers. I chuckle.

"It's a little cold out today! Fall is coming quicker than I thought," I tell her as she kisses my hand before setting it down on the armrest. She puts her mug down on the table beside us before looking at me again with a warm smile.