Chapter 5

Natasha had gracefully lent me one of her older suits to wear it was modified slightly so it fits better and I preferred it a little lighter so I could move freely. 

Natasha and I were last on the helicarrier as she was giving me a little pep talk  "and remember we don't shoot to kill anymore" she explained and I nodded listening to the last bit of her pep talk. 

I sat next to Steve and opposite Natasha, the ride to Sokovia took a while so the first half-hour was spent explaining the plan to us in detail by Steve and Tony, and then everyone branched off into their own conversations.

I laughed at something Steve said before Tony walked over cutting our conversation "so y/n I've been meaning to ask" Tony started and I already knew it was going to be something stupid. "Is there any way I can get out of this?" I asked.

"Not if you wanna jump out" Tony suggested, "haha," I said dryly "anyway so what are you?" he asked and I gave him a confused look "I mean are you just like a less hot, less skilled version of Natasha?" he asked.

"Tony" Natasha warned sternly "that's enough," Steve said. I stared at him blankly there was nothing more I hated than being compared, especially to someone like Natasha. A major part of the red room was competition.

You were no one if you weren't the best so I killed myself every day to become the best. I trained and fought relentlessly just so no one would tell me to become like someone else. 

My silence didn't seem like a good enough answer for Tony so he continued his attack "I mean you are wearing one of her suits just between you and me we really only need one cover girl" he said and I lost composure.

I slapped him, I slapped the Tony Stark, I slapped him intensely and I meant it "and what are you other than an arrogant, cocky piece of shit" I spat, venom laced every word coming out of my mouth. He seemed taken back not expecting me to actually respond. 

"Ok break it up we're here," Clint said dismissing everything in a mere sentence "are you ok?" Natasha asked placing her hand on my shoulder, I shrugged it off "perfectly fine" I lied keeping a straight face. "Let's go get this scepter and return it to where it belongs" I smiled at Thor. 

He smiled back "want a lift down?" he asked and I nodded accepting his outstretched hand, he wrapped it around my waist and spun his hammer gracefully placing us on the ground in seconds.

⧗⧗⧗

Oooh 😯 

Oooh 😯