Chapter 18

"Has anyone double-checked the west side this place is about to give out," Steve said and no one replied "I'll go quickly," I said and he nodded. "No I'll go it'll be quicker," Tony said "no you need to make sure the scepter is placed safely," I said.

"Be very quick we don't have a lot of time," Natasha said as she helped a little girl onto the helicarrier. 

I started running towards the west as fast as I could poking around in various buildings whilst also killing robots that were coming at me. 

I fell to the ground as a robot blasted at me. I quickly rolled dodging it's second blast. I took out my gun aiming at its mechanical head and shot a few times before it dropped to the ground. 'fuck' I muttered as relief set in, I was about to be toast just a few seconds ago.

"All clear here," I said but then realised my comms had been knocked out of my ear. I looked around at the ground near me and couldn't spot the little device anywhere. 

 'Shit' I muttered as I started running back knowing the team would be worried wondering why I hadn't reported back and from the sounds of it, this piece of land was about to fall any second.

Most of the little robot army had been abolished and Thor had managed to power Ultron off forever, everyone had made it back with little to no casualties and I had even managed to save someone from another form of control yet a sinking feeling remained in my stomach.

Back at the helicarrier, everyone had safely made it on. Everyone except y/n of course. "y/n is it all clear?" Steve asked and after not receiving a reply he began to worry "y/n come in," Tony said worriedly. 

Just as he finished his sentence the helicarrier began taking off. "What are you doing?" Tony asked Nick angrily "there's no time we have to get far away to avoid the debris from when that piece of land falls," Nick said justifying his decision. 

"Well she can't exactly fly can she," Tony said angrily "It's her life or the life of thousands," Nick said and Tony hated that he was right. "I'm going back," Tony said as he flew off without hearing anyone else out. 

Just when something might have been happening between him and the girl he had been admiring for a while now, a piece of land was coming in between it.

  ⧗ ⧗ ⧗

Tbh 🤭