Chapter 9

"That's enough," Tony said and I glared at him. I don't need him 'protecting' me or whatever this was. If he felt bad from earlier then that's on him. He should watch his mouth.

The only thought on Tony's mind during the instance was 'anyone but this guy' he knew his personality and knew it wasn't worth it. He wasn't worth her precious time.

He wasn't sure why he defended her maybe it was guilt from earlier, maybe it was because of the talk Natasha had given him whilst y/n was in the shower or maybe it was simply because he felt like it was his job to defend her, it was his job to protect her knowing damn well she could protect herself.

"No, but it'll disappear eventually, they always do," I said as I leaned onto the bar "let me get you a drink" I added as Cameron grinned now. I turned around to mix up a quick drink before handing it to him "thanks darling" he said as he snaked an arm around my waist resting it on my ass. I just nodded as he kissed my cheek. 

Tony's eyes followed his hand after she didn't push him away he felt a pang of anger light up in him, was it jealousy. He took a swig of his drink as he watched Cameron and y/n converse. 

Not being able to watch anymore he walked away with the girl he was with following close behind.

"So do you fight with the Avengers," Cameron asked "kind of I've recently started to just when they need all hands on deck" I answered. "Cool do you have any hidden superpowers?" he asked intrigued.

I wasn't sure why I was being essentially interviewed but I just went along with it, curiosity I suppose "no actually I'm just a trained fighter and spy" I said and I swear I saw slight disappointment on his face.

I wasn't gonna tell him I was also an ex deadly assassin and overall much cooler than something he'd ever amount to, instead I simply nodded along to his conversation.

I stared at his drink the way the liquid inside swished around clanging off the ice I was pulled away from my thoughts by a question. "Sorry, could you repeat that?" I asked focusing now.

"So do you wanna dance?" he asked and I accepted glad to be doing anything but listen to him talk about himself.

⧗⧗⧗

Used to be obsessed with this show as a kid😭