Chapter 15

I woke up in my bed extremely thirsty and in a little pain. I tried to reach over to grab my water bottle but the words "try not to move" scared the hell out of me. "Oh my gosh," I said placing a hand over my heart.

The voice belonged to Tony who was standing in the doorway. He strolled over and handed me the water bottle as I quickly downed all of it. "How long have I been asleep?" I asked cracking my neck.

"Couple hours at most, you just passed out from the pain," Tony said, "well what's wrong with me?" I asked "you've bruised a few ribs" he replied. "Oh then I'm fine," I said "no you're not you passed out" he argued back.

"That's just a natural bodily instinct, trust me I've been through worse pain with no healing time," I said stating my case. "Look," I said as I got up out of bed and slowly walked around "I don't think you should do that," Tony said.

I did a few jumping jacks and jogged on the spot adding a squat at the end "perfectly fine," I said and Tony stared in disbelief "maybe squat again just to be sure," he said cheekily "I guess I've developed an immunity over the years" I laughed. 

"I was very worried," Tony said as I sat back down. I just nodded unsure of what to say, however, the swirly feeling in my stomach suggested otherwise. 

"What happened with Ultron?" I asked changing the topic "oh he took the scepter," Tony said casually. "He what?" I asked "yeah we have people tracking his location right now we're scanning the news to see any reports of enhanced people as well," Tony said. "Figured they'd be together" he explained.

"So what we're going to get it back right?" I asked "Uh yeah but that 'we' doesn't include you," Tony said. "Nonsense" I replied "I'm fine and you need all hands on deck," I said. Tony sighed "there's no winning with you is there?" he asked and I shook my head.

Tony smiled at me and I smiled back we just stared into each other's eyes like we did the night of the party. "Thank you for looking out for me," I said breaking the silence. "Yeah you're welcome," Tony said as he got up.

I got up with him and leaned up kissing his cheek further showing my appreciation, he smirked at me and I laughed before kicking him out of my room. 

I felt heat rising to my cheeks as I closed the door 'maybe it's worth a shot' I thought.

⧗⧗⧗

Cute 🥰

Cute 🥰