Chapter 8

I sat on the dressing table chair as Natasha did my hair she finished it quickly and started my makeup. She peeled back the plaster on my face and I ran my finger over the cut. "I'll make it disappear don't worry," Nat said and I smiled. I watched as she worked her magic.

"Done," she said "your dress is on the bed I picked something stunning" Natasha said as she went into the bathroom to fix up her own makeup. 

I stared at the cut in the mirror. It shouldn't bother me but it did. I couldn't help but replay Tony's words "a less hot version of Natasha" I sighed getting up annoyed at myself for letting it get to me. I have never in my life let anyone's words get to me and I didn't want Tony Stark to be the first.

I picked up the forest green dress admiring it. 

I put it on smoothing it down

I put it on smoothing it down. I stared at myself in the mirror as Natasha walked out of the bathroom she was now wearing an elegant black and white dress and looked gorgeous.

"What you staring at?" I asked "admiring my best friend" she replied, "let's go shall we?" I asked and Natasha nodded. We walked out arms looped towards the music, chatter and noise. 

Sure enough, heads turned when Nat and I walked in, we went straight to the bar where Nat mixed us some drinks. "No listen I walked in lost my balance and knocked over a glass" I continued my story.

"Then Tony walked in and it got awkward very quickly" I remembered "well mine asked if I had my suit on me" Nat grimaced. "You win yours was worse," I said admitting defeat. 

Steve walked over with Tony, another guy and another girl "what we laughing about ladies" he asked "oh just you know" I said trying to spin the conversation. "So your the famous black widow," someone said putting their hand out for Nat to shake.

"Uh yeah," she said shaking his hand "I'm Cameron Brown owner of your legal team" he boasted. He completely ignored me and it was getting a little awkward until he finally acknowledged me.

"and you are?" he asked. "Y/n L/n," I said he shook my hand as he studied my face staring at the cut, and then moved down to my body.

Steve and Natasha were called over by Clint which just left Tony, Cameron and the girl practically looped around Tony "battle scars" Cameron pointed out as he went to touch my face.

I dodged his touch "yeah they aren't very common" I said condescendingly letting him know that it wasn't easy to get to me. 

"Sure pulls away from your look," he said rudely.

⧗⧗⧗

🤪🤪

🤪🤪