Chapter 17

I ran through a few buildings making sure there were no stray civilians left behind "all clear," I said into the comms as I started running back towards the helicarrier. I suddenly felt myself being lifted and travelling at the speed of lightning. 

"Well hello there," someone said in a thick accent "oh my god," I said stabilising myself as I removed my gun from it's holster on my leg "you're the enhanced," I said and he frowned "the names actually Pietro," he said.

"Now will you stop pointing that at me?" he asked "what do you think" I replied and he sighed before disarming me in a matter of seconds "you're making me dizzy," I said groaning. "I sometimes have that effect on the ladies," he said smirking. 

"Do you wanna tell me why you're making everyone's job here so difficult you don't look very robotic to me?" I asked "just following orders" he shrugged. I felt bad for him he was so young and being controlled into doing wrong.

"Well these orders are going to get thousands of people killed" I explained "I was like you at a stage in my life and trust me you can still get out, you can still help end this," I said and he pondered the statement for a second.

"The scepter you're helping protect shouldn't be on this planet," I said pressuring him further "look I'll forget the whole slamming me into a tree incident if you promise not to cause any more trouble," I said.

"They'll just lock me up again," he said and now I felt even worse for him "not if you trust me I swear to you no one will lock you up" I promised "sure anything's better than Struckers abuse," he said and I smiled not because he was most likely physically and mentally abused but because I managed to turn him.

"Now how about you give me a ride back to the big plane-looking thing and we can go from there," I said and he nodded. "I have the enhanced under control," I said into the comms "how did you manage that?" Natasha asked back "just my charm," I said winking at Pietro.

"Hold on," he said as he lifted me up and brought us to the helicarrier in a matter of seconds. "So this is the guy who tripped me up?" Clint asked as he shook his head "yeah sorry about that," Pietro said looking down.

"Just help people onto the helicarrier the scepters been recovered," Clint said and I smiled. A sense of accomplishment filled my heart. The thought of rescuing someone for a better future really did make you feel good.

I looked around for Tony who mouthed 'don't be getting too close' and pointed at Pietro. I laughed and shook my head at him.

⧗⧗⧗

😢😢

😢😢