Chapter-8

^^Some sexy covers created by Tinastar88

_________________________________________

Ryan Peterson

Amara left no stone unturned to annoy me. I swear, she mercilessly threw me to the peak of annoyance. However, she forgot that I always had an upper hand over whatever she did. She overlooked the fact that I always countered her every attack effortlessly.

I noticed her once cute nose flared as if a dragon preparing to put everything in front of it into flames. She eyed the cup in my hand before ruthlessly snatching it.

"Now I'll have yours." She snapped and a secret smile began to appear on my lips, imagining her upcoming reaction.

With her eyes fixed on me, she deliberately took a big sip to display her resentment towards me. As soon as her taste buds absorbed the flavor of the drink, her eyes first turned wide, then her forehead creased.

Frowning, she glanced at me in confusion. "Why does your drink taste like the one I wanted?" Her gaze went to the drink name mentioned on the cup. "It reads Mango Dragonfruit. You don't even like it then why'd you order it for yourself?"

I casually shrugged, masking my smile. "Wanted to give it a go for once."

Of course, the drink was for her. No matter how much she had infuriated me, I just had to bring it for her, as a sorry note for complaining about her to her mother. I shouldn't have done that but I wanted to get back at her for annoying me in class. I was sure her mother must have given her somewhat strict punishment. Besides, I wouldn't go against my mother.

"Well, now you wouldn't get to taste it." She arrogantly flipped her hair, possessively securing the cup in her hand. How cute!

The smile I had been holding back jumped off the boundary and stretched my lips.

She quickly came closer to me with her tilted head. "Why are you smiling? You tempered this drink, didn't you?" She accused.

I banged her forehead with my fingers, pushing her backward. "Don't overreact. Just drink it and if you don't want it I'd be more than happy to -" I tried to snatch the cup from her hand but she held it back.

"No, I'll have it."

My eyes caught the sight of the rose again. I still wondered whom did she buy it from in the middle of the road, where there was barely any person when she didn't even like the flower. Her favorite flowers were White Tulips. Her smile would know no bounds at the sight of them. Also, her umbrella was missing. Could she have lied to me? No. What reason could she have to lie to me?

I brushed off the unusual feeling that surged inside me and opened the car door that Mr. Finn had already kept unlocked. "C'mon, sit inside. It's burning out here."

She obeyed me without question, then I sat inside the car beside her and shut the door. I heard her sigh, taking in the tranquility provided by the car AC.

"This feels so relaxing." She leaned back and placed her head on the headrest of the seat.

I unlocked my phone to scroll through it to pass my time when she extended the cup for me. "You can have a taste of it if you want."

I moved my gaze from the cup to her face. I was surprised to see that she genuinely mean what she said. Her expressions were soft and there was no trace of wickedness.

I shook my head. "No thanks, I'm good."

"You know what, you don't seem to like my soft side. And then you grumble I annoy you. Fine, don't drink. I won't offer it to you again." She snapped, crossed her legs on the car seat, and took angry sips of the drink.