Chapter-9

Amazing fan art by _MAGNIFICENT_SAM_ ❤❤
______________________________________

Amara Knight

School's corridor is a whole different world, compared to the classroom or the outside world. Here, junior-senior doesn't matter. Here you are given two choices, either you mingle with all or you stand in the corner, alone.

I opted to go for the former, which helped me befriend almost all. It helped me to have the freedom to squeeze my way into any group of students until my close friends arrived. Because being early at school without the dramatic people you hang out with could be difficult, even if it is just for ten minutes.

I had been chatting with a group of students when someone wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Sorry to interrupt guys but I gotta steal my best friend from you. Have a nice day."

For some unusual reason, I heard mirth in Drew's voice, which caused suspicion to surge inside me. Snickering, he dragged me with him towards his locker.

"Ah, Drew, effin' leave me!" I nudged his side, making him free me. Narrowing my eyes, I placed my hands on either side of my waist. "Why did you ask me to come early when you were gonna arrive late?"

He left me agitated when he burst out laughing. "I didn't know I could prank you good. I thought you'd catch my lie but you didn't."

My nose flared, prepared to blow out flames to burn him alive. I thought he needed may need something since he sounded sincere about meeting early at school.

I pointed a finger at him. "You, Drew Martinez, are a certified Abysmal Scuzzy Schmuck Hole."

"I am what?" He shrieked, still laughing.

"Asshole. She means you are an asshole."

Becky came and stood beside me with crossed arms. Ugh, she didn't have to translate it.

She haughtily flipped her hair, her eyes still on Drew. "Which... Admittedly, you are, aren't you?"

Drew smirked. And I was absolutely prepared to hear the naughty remark he was about to hurl at her. "Yes, an asshole you used to adore, or maybe you do it now, too. Just don't have the courage to admit it. Who knows."

I saw a slight change in Becky's expressions, which I presume Drew saw, too, because his gaze towards her softened. I couldn't help myself from mentally rolling my eyes. I mean, why couldn't they just admit they still loved each other?

"Know what I think?" Beck stepped closer to him, making Drew take a cautious step back in fear. Must have recalled his last encounter with her. His poor babies.

"I should've kicked you harder the other day. My bad. Gotta do it now."

She almost kneed him when he backed away, raising his hands. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop right there, Becks. My multiple Guardian Angels somehow managed to save me from the agony of not having my kids in the future. Moreover, if you knee me again, how'd you have kids in the future, Becks?"

"You bitch! I'm so gonna kill you." Becky charged at him, making him run the other way. She ran after her and they both left me in a laughing mess.

"See you in class!" I hollered and trudged to my locker when I saw Sia, Joshua, and Tory walking my way.

Overjoyed to see Sia back at school, I ran and engulfed her in a tight hug. "Good to see you back, Sia."

She laughed. "Good to see you, too."

I stepped back and asked. "You're okay, right?"
I couldn't flush out the images of her crying hysterically when Harry dumped her.

Tory came and stood by my side.