Chapter-19

Amara Knight

After two days, which felt like two years, my ankle was free of the crepe bandage, and I was able to walk again. However, I still got an earful now and then from my parents, yes, including my father too.

Had it not been for Ryan blurting out about my motorcycle race with Hary in explicit details, and had he given me a chance to make an excuse for a random motorcycle accident, my parents would have been milder with scolding. But the particular word, race, infuriated them.

And because of what Ryan did, although I had asked him not to, I gave him cold shoulder the next day he came to see me. I royally ignored his calls, did not talk to him when he visited to see me, and I did not smile at him, even though I was tempted to because he had brought white lovely tulips with him.

My mood dampened when he did not inquire about my health after my childish ignorance. He completely shut me out. Ugh! Did he not know, it did not work that way?

I was now standing in my walk-in closet, looking for an ideal dress for a party. I selected a black knee-length, backless skater dress after digging among the various outfits for about five minutes.

When in doubt as heck, wear black.

It was Joshua's birthday party and after much convincing that I was fine and that I could jump and dance, my mamma permitted me to attend the party.

Drew was supposed to pick me up, so when I got a text from him saying he was outside my house, I dashed out, only to be halted in the living room by my brother.

"Mom permitted you to attend the party, not to wear skyscraper-high heels." Xyler nonchalantly exclaimed while playing on his PlayStation, making me scowl.

I donned a sweet smile, sat down alongside him on the couch, and wrapped my arm around him. "Well, they wouldn't know as they have gone to attend an important meeting. And if you dared to open this little mouth of yours, I'll complain to mamma that you were playing PlayStation when clearly warned not to."

I smirked as I looked over to his other side, where he had concealed his chocolate stash between the pillows. "And these many chocolates? Wow! Want me to tell this to mamma?"

He instantly sprung from the couch. "No. Don't. I'll keep my mouth shut, you keep yours."

Grinning, I stood up. "That's what I thought."
I blew him a flying kiss and went out to Drew, who whistled when he saw me.

"Damn girl, you look hot. Who's at your gunpoint tonight?"

I smiled wickedly. "Heard Ryan is attending the party too."

He laughed and opened the door for me as he said, "Someone's gonna have blue balls tonight. Let's go."

When we arrived at the ultra-modern farmhouse that Joshua's parents had rented for him to celebrate his birthday, we were greeted by a throng of people dancing around the pool to DJs blasting music.

"Whoa, looks like Joshua has invited the whole city," I commented as I roamed my gaze around to find familiar faces.

"Yeah, he's invited his friends from other schools, too. C'mon, let's go find our peeps." Drew responded. We then squeezed our way through the maddening crowd and approached our gang standing by the outdoor bar.

I hugged Joshua, squealing, "Happy Birthday, Joshy!"

"Thank you for coming Amara. The party would have been boring without you." He hugged me even tighter. "And you look so fucking sexy!"

I detached myself from him and rolled my eyes. "Must you always cuss?" I then grinned. "Anyway, thank you. You look no less than dapper yourself."

"Where's Tory?" I questioned, searching for him in the crowd.