Chapter-13

Amara Knight

Well, suggesting for everybody's good health, one must retreat their steps when they find a rather joyous woman standing alone, carrying a secret smirk whilst looking at her sharp, manicured nails. Something evil surely must have possessed her.

I felt like sprinting and hiding from Becky when I witnessed her in the same position. I stopped Sia, who was walking beside me but before I could retreat along with her, Becky ceased us from taking a single step back.

"Wait, you two."

Sia and I exchanged a startling look, then focused back on Becky. She came and stood before us. "You must be aware of the sports and cultural event our principal Fairy announced..."

She took a pose, straightened her posture, and squared her shoulders, and chin up. "Well, Mrs. Frey has selected me to play the lead, it's an act of some historical woman, I presume because Mrs. Frey hasn't given any particular specification about the character."

Sia and I nodded our heads in unison, still standing rigid. We dare not interrupt 'Her Highness' in any way. She had taken over her yet to be performed character.

"Adding to that, she provided me with an opportunity to find someone who could play the role of 'My Lord' with myself. However, before I could present my selection before her... well, excuse me for my language, some dick-ass..."

"Uh, Drew?" Sia and I interrupted her in unison which caused a massive smile to appear on Becky's face, making us gulp.

"Oh, my darlings..." She placed her hands under both of our chins and tipped up. "He has created such a pleasant image of himself, hasn't he?" 

"Well, coming back to what I was saying." She pulled strict expressions again. "The night before, he knocked on Mrs. Frey's doors with flowers, chocolates, and of course, Chinese takeout, her favorite. He charmed her with his incredible flirting skills by fake complimenting her and in return earned a dinner invite there and then from her. There, he offered his name to play opposite me in the play. Already fascinated, she accepted."

"Now!" She exclaimed, making Sia and me flinch. "I walk with a sharp knife, a rope, and some darts to torture him with, once he comes in front of me." She narrowed her eyes at us. "You both are his good friends; tell me, do you know where he is?"

She questioned, making both of us shake our heads vigorously in 'no'.

She gave a stiff, suspicious nod. "Very well, then. If I fail to find him and I get to know you two knew about his whereabouts, I will be coming for both of you... with a sword, be prepared."

With that, she furiously walked past us.

"Uh oh, Drew's a dead meat now," Sia muttered, terrified. "Why does he have to poke the assassin inside of her?"

I huffed. "All I can say is...May his soul rest in peace. Now, let's get going."

"What, you're not gonna help him?" Sia gaped at me.

"What, no! He brought that on himself, willingly might as well come out the mess on his own." I retorted.

"Hey, girls!"

Sia and I turned at the voice of Joshua and saw him pacing towards us whilst juggling the basketball in his hands, showing off his skills to the girls in the corridor.

He stopped before us and twirled the ball on the tip of his index finger. "So, who's interested in watching me play?"

"Not me. Watching you practice is downright boring." I rolled my eyes, making his massive grin drop into a frown. Sia giggled.