Chapter- 16

Amara Knight

Should I torment Drew myself or delegate the task to Becky and her wicked mind?

I'd gone to see Drew in the hopes of getting some clarity on Zoe, Ryan, and, of course, my sinful feelings about Ryan. What he had replied, on the other hand, was entirely unexpected and unethical.

I should have knocked on someone else's door, perhaps Sia's, but I knew it'd be useless to talk to her because she, like me, was still figuring herself out. Becky was busy as well, and in my haste to talk it out with someone, I slammed my head into Drew's, which I shouldn't have done.

Because if not before, I surely was a twisted mess of unexplained feelings now. But honestly, he knew me better than my other friends because I had shared a lot about myself with him.

However, Drew was downright unsympathetic and unapologetic when he uttered those absurd words.

"You're falling in love with Ryan."

Was he high or something? How could he have said something so ridiculous? Not only that, but he justified his comment by reminding me of how much I craved Ryan's attention, how I couldn't bear anyone badmouthing him- which anyone barely did, and how I yearned to be with him. As claimed by Drew, feelings for Ryan had been accumulating, waiting to erupt when I was old enough to grasp them.

Had I really fallen in love with him after chasing him for so long?

"Pfft, Drew was certainly wrong. For the love of God, Ryan and I were hardly even friends." I grumbled to myself as I jumped out of my bed to get ready for my second chemistry class at Ryan's.

I was still in my bra and panties, talking myself into getting ready, and had been in the same for good fifteen minutes now, which I discovered when I checked the time on the clock. I cursed myself profusely for once again losing myself in what Drew had stuffed into my head.

Grabbing a floral dress from my walk-in closet, I returned to my room, and yet again Drew's words lingered in my thoughts as the bed came into view.

"Amara babe, just picturing him naked in bed won't get you what you want. You need to take the fucking lead, girl. Kiss him already."

My body heated up and the walls of my core pulsated as I imagined him nude in bed, flaunting his exquisite muscles and kissing me passionately. My fingers tangled in his black hair, as I pulled him closer, erasing every inch of the gap in between us.

I shook my head furiously. I was behaving ridiculously as if I were a teen girl whose hormones were out of control. Well, I was a teen, duh! And indeed, I was feeling my first hormone rush.

"Aww, you've finally felt that lovely, energizing hormone rush, haven't you?
My baby is now an adult." When I emptied my heart in front of him, this was the first thing my clown of a friend mocked me with.

And good god, did I want to kiss him. I was gone for good.

Huffing, I returned my gaze to the dress in my hands again. It was a cute thin strap, a knee-length dress which I had chosen to make myself look more presentable-not that I dressed badly on other days... but I just wanted to look pretty... For Ryan.

In addition, I was a girl on a mission: Don't be jealous of Zoe, instead, do something that will entice Ryan to notice me.

Glancing up from my dress, I was taken aback when Ryan's entire figure flashed before my eyes. Stupid me, now I had completely lost my senses. I had begun to envision Ryan standing in front of me.

I shook my head, mentally scolding myself, but terror gripped me when his vision would not go. Furthermore, I was able to see his similarly surprised, wide-eyed self with greater clarity.