The Outside

It had been a while since you had been outside for leisurely reasons, but it was nice. You both spent the whole day together, eating food, buying clothes and little trinkets, and just lazing about on the city streets.

Soon though, it was already sunset. You and Dabi found yourselves on a park bench watching the sky turn red and orange. He draped his arm over your shoulders and said,
"I don't know if I tell you this enough, but I love you mouse; and I'm so glad you joined the League. Sometimes I don't know where I'd be if you never came into my life. I love you so much, and I sometimes don't know why you ever love me, I'm a terrible person, but I'm glad you do."
You looked at him and his bright blue eyes.
"I love you too patchwork. I love you because you deserve it, after all the things you've been through, you deserve my love more than anyone else. It's not pity either, because I know you could make it on your own, I love you because of the person you are. You may be broken, you may be scarred, bruised, or hurt, but that will never change how strong you are, or how beautiful you are, inside and outside." You kissed him. As the sky turned a deep indigo, you sat with him, watching as the stars faded into view.

You watched the wonders of the stars, pointing out a few constellations to Dabi before laying your head on his shoulder and simply admiring them.

You woke up still on the park bench with Dabi. You didn't remember falling asleep.
"How was your sleep mousey?"
"Oh, it was great. Did you sleep well?"
"I didn't sleep, actually."
"Why didn't you take me back to an actual bed then?"
"You looked so pretty, I didn't want to bother you."
"Alright fair point, but can we go back now? I'm cold with this morning air."

He nodded and helped you up.
"Let's go back." He scooped you up bridal style, "How about a ride?" He smirked.
"I can walk you know!" You laughed.
"You said you were cold, I didn't want you to get any colder."
"Well that's still no reason to not let me walk!" You laughed again.
"Besides, you look cute when you laugh like that."
"Ohhh okay," You said teasingly, "so you think I'm cute!"
"Absolutely I do." He said as he kissed your forehead.

You both walked back in the bar with everyone sitting on stools waiting for you.
"Where were you bestie?" Toga asked. "Just out." You say.
"Doing...?"
"Whatever I felt like. Shopping, eating, the usual things we do outside."
"Did you commit any crimes? Did you get anyone's blood?"
"Other than loitering at the park, no. And if we did get anyone's blood, you wouldn't get any."

Dabi took you by the hand, leading you away from the others.
"Now we don't want to start any arguments now do we mouse?"
"I guess not, but Toga is so fun to argue with."
"You're right, but you don't want to let her looks fool you, she fights hard, and well. I wouldn't want you getting hurt."
"You really think I can't hold my own against a teenage girl?"
"That's not what I'm saying. Just be careful."
"Why?"
"I think we might have a spy."

(Happy holidays! I hope you guys are having a great New Years!)