Hospital Visit

You grabbed a pair of jeans and one of Dabi's hoodies to wear. You fixed your hair a bit and went out to where Dabi was waiting for you in the bar.
"A shot before we go?" He offered.
"No thanks. Let's get going." You replied.
"Alright, let's go then mouse." He took your hand in his, and you walked out the door, and on your way to the hospital.

    With each step, your heart beat faster. The anxiety of seeing Ray again was almost painful. What if they hate me? What am I going to say when I see them again? What will they look like when I see them?

   Dabi squeezed your hand, as if he felt your anxiety.
"Hey, it's going to be fine. Just let me know if you decide to back out. You've got this little mouse."
You relaxed a bit at his words. Still, you were scared.

     The hospital was in view now. You wanted to collapse. Every step you took seemed to reverberate on the sidewalk. Like tiny earthquakes always happened under your feet. Your feet felt heavy, like it was difficult to take a step.

    You placed your hand on the door handle, but the cold metal only discouraged you more. You felt Dabi place his hand on top of yours.
"Deep breath. You've got this," he said.

     You took a deep breath and pulled the door open. You walked up to the front desk with shaking steps.

"Umm... hello," you pondered.
"Hi, how can I help you?" The blond lady at the desk said, with a false cheer to her tone. She was clearly tired, even though the day had just started.
"Um, I'm a friend of the pro hero Void. Can you please tell me what room they're in?" You requested shyly. God I hate talking to new people.

"Room 420. Here's the room key." She lazily handed me the key.
"Thank you," you sighed, glad the conversation was over. You walked over to the elevator, where there was a map of each floor. It said that Ray's room was on floor 4.

"You can do this," you told yourself. "Yes you can mouse, you'll do great," Dabi expressed. Somehow you had forgotten he was there. His voice calmed you, and you pressed the elevator button.

You waited a few seconds, but soon you heard the ding of the elevator as it stopped on the lobby floor. You stepped inside, and waited for Dabi to follow. Instead, he waved as the elevator doors closed.
You immediately pulled out your phone to text him.

Y/N: WTF??? WHY DIDNT YOU COME WITH ME???

Patchwork: you need to do this alone
Patchwork: have fun mouse
Patchwork: I'll see you when you're done ❤️

Y/N: bitch
Y/N: see you later 😐

You turned off your phone as the elevator dinged again, signaling that you had arrived on the 4th floor. You stepped out as the doors opened, leaving you in a cold white hallway, doors lining it to the end.

     You began to walk down, looking at the room signs as you passed them. The even numbers were on the left, odd numbers on the right. You scanned the left side of the hallway. 412, 414, 416, 418, 420. You stopped in front of the door. Your hand shook violently as you reached for the key in your pocket. The cold metal of the key practically froze your fingers, but that didn't stop the shaking.

You pulled it out and examined it, slowly gliding your eyes over every ridge and every edge. You couldn't stop shaking as you placed one palm on the doorframe to steady yourself. You slid the key into the keyhole and turned it. You heard an anxiety-inducing click, and you pushed open the door.