Panic

TW: Panic attack

You gripped Dabi's t-shirt, trying to calm yourself. But, every thought going through your mind was negative, overwhelming. You felt yourself shaking like a leaf in the wind, but there was nothing you could do to stop it. Your breathing felt tight and shallow. It's my fault. It's my fault they're in the hospital and there's nothing I can do about it. DUMBASS! ALL YOU NEEDED WAS A LITTLE SELF CONTROL AND THEY WOULD'VE BEEN FINE! It's all my fault.

That line repeated in your head like a broken record.
"Hey, I know, I know. It's all going to be fine. Mouse, you're going to be okay." He sounded like he was comforting himself more than he was you.

   "I know, shhh. It's all going to be fine. I know you're scared right now, but I guarantee that whatever negative thoughts going through you right now aren't true." He said, rubbing his hands up and down your back.
"I-it's all my f-fault." You stuttered and your voice broke, but there wasn't much you could do.
"It's not baby it's really not. Just breathe okay? Take a deep breath with me, okay?"
You nodded, still shaking and hyperventilating.
"Okay good. Ready? In." He took a deep breath in, and you did the same. "Out." He let go of his breath, and you followed suit. Your breathing began to steady, but it was still shaky, shallow, and fast.

   "Good. Good job, you're doing great. Let's take another breath okay? In. And out." You followed his instruction.
"We're going to do a few more okay? You're doing great. Ready? In. And out."
"In. And out."
"In, and out."
     Your breathing steadied.
"Good. See? Your breathing is normal again. Just keep up that pace, okay?"

You nodded. You still were shaking, but at least you were breathing well again.
"Is it okay if I hold you tighter?" He asked.
"P-please. As tight as you can."
"Okay." He pulled you in, the feeling of his arms holding you tight, keeping you safe, was relieving. When he got all sweet and soft like this, you really quite liked it.

    "How did you know how to handle that so well?" You asked.
"My siblings and I have had our fair share of panic attacks. I learned how to handle my own -and other's- panic attacks at a pretty young age."
"You never told me you had siblings."
"It doesn't matter right now. Just get some sleep, I'll tell you about it some other time."
"Okay." You closed your eyes, slowly falling asleep in Dabi's tight, warm embrace.
"I love you." You whispered to him as you fell asleep. You heard him say,
"I love you too mouse." And then you slept.

When you woke, Dabi wasn't there. "Dabi?" You asked quietly. You heard his voice behind you.
"I'm right here. I was just getting ready to head to the hospital."
"You were serious about that?" You asked, turning over to look at him.
"Of course."

You groaned as you rolled out of bed to start getting ready.