How will I Forget?

Thankfully, nobody was in the bar when you walked in. You tried your best to quiet the sobs that shook your body until you got to your room.

Dabi followed you, sitting down next to you on the bed as comfort. He sat and listened quietly as sobs escaped through hiccups and tears.
"I'm awful..." you said, clutching the fabric of your pants.

"Well I'm not going to say you're perfect, I mean, you joined the League with me, but I don't think of you as a bad person," Dabi comforted, "you just need to control your emotions." You looked up at him. You sniffed, and scooted closer to him.

He took you into his arms and pulled you closer. You buried your face in his chest, the warm pounding of his heart a comfort to you.

"But if the surgery leaves scars, how will I ever forget? How will I not remember my awful deed to them?" Your eyes watered again, threatening tears as your voice shook with emotion.
"It's better if you don't forget, mousey. It will forever serve as a reminder, a notice to control your feelings. Only to let loose with me. It's okay to take it out on or near me. You hear that mouse?"

You nodded in agreement, seeing his point.
"Let's get some rest, you've had a long day." Dabi looked out the window, taking note of the setting sun. You laid down, Dabi next to you. He played with your hair until you fell asleep in his arms.

   Unfortunately, your dreams were not the greatest. You had nightmares about what you did to Ray, and what you saw in the hospital. Images flashed in your brain. Their blood spattered on the floor, them laying in the hospital bed, underneath the bandages. All the while, the edges of your vision was littered with acid burns and holes, and bone jutting from underneath the skin.
"I'm sorry," you muttered to yourself throughout it all.

   You were shaken awake by Dabi. "Mouse, wake up. Ah, mousey, you woke. You were crying in your sleep, so I thought I'd wake you. If your going to cry, it might as well be while you're laying in my arms." So you did. You cried and cried until you were satisfied. Then it clicked. That's what you were running from. It was never something physical. You were running from your feelings, your emotions. You looked out the window. It was still dark out, probably around 4 A.M.

   Now you finally knew it. Dabi really was a safe space. You didn't have to run from your feelings any more. You fell back asleep in the heavy, comforting, silence of the pitch black room, listening only to Dabi's heavy breath. You were no longer plagued by nightmares, and hopefully, you never would be again.

(Hey guysss!!! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a lifetime and a half but I'm really busy with school and stuff because state testing is coming up TwT)