chapter two:

*** Ginny’s point of view***

I have no reasoning for why I got up last night and went over to her bed and just held her tight, rocking her back and forth whilst smoothing her hair sending her to sleep. I think it was just a natural reaction, something that triggered inside of me and it made me do it before I even realised that I was doing it. I do however know that she was talking about not letting someone die and this made me hold her tighter as I knew what it was like to lose someone. I had lost my brother Fred in the war and George had lost his other half. They were twins, identical. I stroked her long wavy brown hair, it was so smooth and lulled her to sleep by rocking slowly. After a short while of doing this her breathing became steady and I realised that she had fallen asleep in my arms. She looked so beautiful just lying there in my arms so peacefully I was so tired that before I knew it we were both asleep together. Me holding her, the way that I had always wanted to.

The next morning I woke to a rolling sensation in my arms and a beautiful pair of brown eyes staring at me. I quickly remembered where I was and looked deep into them. Suddenly she spoke, “thank you Ginny” she whispered into my chest that she was leaning into. I wondered what she was talking about but then realised that it was about holding her all night long whilst we both slept. Before I could reply to her comment saying that it was not necessary, Hermione reached up and pecked my lips softly. She quickly retracted though to my disappointment, jumping out of bed saying over and over again “sorry, I just… I’m sorry Ginny, I don’t know… I’m sorry”. I slowly got out of the bed that we had shared last night and walked round to a frantic Hermione that was trying to find something in her wardrobe. I touched her shoulders and turned her round so that she could look at me in the eyes.

***Hermione's point of view ***

“Did you mean that Hermione”, Ginny asked, not angrily but rather gentle with an almost inquisitive tone. I don’t know what to say to her. Of course I meant it, I’ve been wanting to kiss those lips for years. Do I tell her the truth or I do I lie to protect myself. I know that she won’t tell, she’s one of my best friends. I went with the truth, “I don’t really know, it just felt really right. I’m so sorry, I understand if you don’t like me anymore but please don’t tell anyone, I am so sorry.” I said in tears now looking down at my feet in disappointment. “So it felt right. Would you do it again Hermione?” she asked me lifting my head so that I would straight into her eyes so that she would know if I was lying. I decided that I might as well go with the truth since I had started with that. “Yes” I replied so simply. As soon as the word left my mouth, Ginny’s lips came crashing down onto mine. I stood so still for a brief second frozen with shock. Was this really happening? The dream that I had had for years. All of a sudden my lips start to move in sync with hers. This continued for several minutes until I had to break away to breath.

“Ginny,” I said. She looked at me, deeply. “I never realised you felt this way,” she stared gazing lovingly at me.

“Hermione, you’re beautiful, clever, and funny and yet you never realised. How could I not? How could you not have noticed? My sneaky looks, spending more and more time with you. Coming up with reasons just to be near you. When I am with you, life is as simple as breathing, so easily. Staying all year round was not simple, I begged and begged McGonagall to let me stay, mum as well.” She stated quickly. I can’t believe that me, the highly logical one that means that I am able to notice things that others don’t missed all that. As she finished speaking my lips crashed into hers and she joined me passionately, forcefully. She nibbled on my bottom lip and it took me a minute to realise that she was asking for permission. I granted her permission and her tongue slipped inside mine. They fought powerfully for dominance and every time that they touched Ginny released a moan. As we kissed she moved the kisses down my neck, planting small but powerful kisses as she went. As she reached behind my ear towards the scar I let out a gasp and became stiff for a second.

***Ginny ***

As I worked my way down her neck slowly planting small kisses as I went, passionately trying to find her sweet spot, I moved behind her ear. There was the scar from the war, I kissed it gently when she let out a gasp and became slightly stiff. I had found it. She moaned in delight. I continued to kiss and suck it until she pulled my head back up to her lips. She forcefully kissed me and pushed me hard into the wall. I spun us around so that she was on the wall and pushed her into it. She was not as innocent as you would think as her tongue started the battle all over again for dominance, she won this time. She pushed be back onto the bed as she kissed me and our lips worked together in sync only slowing to breath. We rolled around passionately on the bed making out when we heard footsteps making their way down the corridor. We stopped quickly. We also then realised that if we didn’t get up we would miss breakfast, I was about to get changed when I felt really shy in front of front of her. She seemed to realise and came up behind me place her hands on my hips. She whispered seductively in my ear “why would you be scared in front of me, you have such a fantastic body, it’s amazing. You don’t think that you are the only one to steal glances when getting changed in the morning and in the evening” she walked away sashaying her hips. I got changed and we were about to walk out of the room when she pushed me into Katie’s wardrobe and kissed me. “Please can we keep this a secret please, you know what the school is like,” she asked me, almost scared. I nodded of course, I knew that this school was brutal when it came down to gossip. I stole a kiss and walked away from her. She quickly realised and caught up to me. We walked down to breakfast, not holding hands but close –very close- to each other.

                We sat with Nevil at the Gryffindor table, eating breakfast together, Nevil looked tired but nowhere near as tired as Hermione, but that makes sense considering the nightmare. “Nevil what time did you get back last night? You look shattered” I asked sensitively, “well, I talked to slughorn for about an hour and then we went and saw professor McGonagall, and so your now looking at professor Longbottom, I will be finishing my NEWT’s and then I will have the job so long as I get good enough results, anyway what are you guys doing today?” he replied. Hermione spat out her drink, in shock. “Nevil, well done we are so proud of you. Anyway I was planning on doing something but I need Ginny’s help. I can’t do it without her. Is that ok with you?” it was my time to spit out my drink in shock as I gathered what she wanted to do. I nodded and still not being able to talk, I attempted to sign if we should go. “yes lets go Ginny, see you later Nevil” Hermione replied rushed and we almost ran out of the great hall, but instead of turning left to the dormitory’s she turned right, I didn’t know quite where we were going, but when she took the third left turn in a row,  I knew where we were going. I knew the route of by heart, I had memorised it from forth year when we had Umbridge here and we had to create Dumbledore’s Army.