chapter five

***Hermione’s point of view***

-Three days later-

Today was the first real day of the holidays where everyone goes home for three weeks. Since the war there is only a small number of people that stay for the holidays at Hogwarts. This number includes myself, Ginny, a small number of professors and filch-the caretaker.

                During the holidays, many school rules are disbanded or altered for the three weeks since there are so few of us. Well I say few there are two. However this for the first time I am actually looking forward to just having three weeks alone with Ginny. We will actually have to talk to McGonagall though, we don’t want to scare her if she walks into the common room or something. She is pretty relaxed about things like this especially when last year in one of our private little conversations that she had a fling with Trelawney back in her forty’s, yes this did happen but I agree that I was pretty shocked. This is also the reason why McGonagall was the only adult well only other person other than Katie, Nevil and Ginny that was actually aware that I am a lesbian. Ha, I actually said it. I apologise but I have been petrified to say it since I realised, I’ve always called it “being different” or something along those lines but even with just being with Ginny for a matter of days made me feel braver and less like a freak of nature. That reminds me I haven’t told my parents about me, let alone me and Ginny. I miss my actual parents but molly and author took me in after I lost them. They are not dead but I have no hope of getting them back, they are gone, they will always be in my heart though. I am just hoping that they will be supportive of me dating their daughter. God do they even know.

                I can say that I am dating her though now, we went on our first date two days ago. Ginny woke me up with a kiss and a plate of food. “Morning sunshine” she spoke softly handing me the plate. She was already dressed in a pair of tight jeans and a red and gold jumper. I looked to the foot of the bed where she was now standing realising that she had also picked out a lovely outfit for me to wear. There was my favourite pair of leather boots and a long sweater with my favourite pair of jeans. Wow she actually had been paying attention to what I liked to wear.

I ate whilst she sat next to me on the bed, it was delicious and I wondered how she had managed to sneak it up to the common room, let alone the dorm room. Once I had finished I sat there with my head on her chest trying to guess what we were doing today, she finally sighed and said “I thought you were clever Hermione, just stop guessing I’m not going to tell you what we are doing”. I sighed, giving into her. I got dressed whilst she just sat there watching me. As I placed my jumper over my head to finish the outfit, Ginny stood up and out of her back pocket pulled a blindfold, great I didn’t even get a clue where we were going. She came up behind me standing very close and tied it gently behind my hair. She ran her thumb along my jaw line and I turned around as she leaned down and kissed me ever so gently.

She took my hand and led me down the stairs carefully to make sure that I did not fall. She swung my legs into her arms and carried me through the portrait to make sure that I also did not fall flat on my face. I was pretty scared that someone would see us and then I remembered that there were no lessons and most people would be sleeping in because it was only eight o clock. She didn’t put me down but instead carried me down it must have been over six floors. She led me out of a door and I felt the cold wind in my hair, then she stopped and placed me standing facing towards her. She wrapped her arms round my neck undoing the blindfold so that when it was removed she was staring directly into mine. Those beautiful blue stormy eyes. She turned me round to face her fantastic fire bolt 2006, a look of confusion crossed my face. “We are going for a fly somewhere” she stated before picking the broom up. She sat at the front and I got on behind her. I placed my hands on her shoulders remembering where we were.