chapter seven:

A/N sorry that i havn't written anything in particular for a few days. i have a rare condition that they don't actually know how to diagnose, but if even the smallest thing upsets me no matter how small or big it can send me into quite a lost, depressive state and it works the other way round. so sorry i havn't been able to write.

***narrator***

They didn’t go back to the great hall, instead they took a lovely long walk together around the lake and through the forest. As they reached Hagrids house the older girl wrapped her arm around Ginny’s waste and brought her in closer so that they were almost walking as one person. The way they wanted it to be. Ginny stood still and waited for Hermione to catch on. “Do you think that we should come out to our parents” Ginny asked innocently. She instantly knew what she had done wrong. Hermione broke down very quickly in front of Ginny and tried to collapse but as she did Ginny caught the older women in her arms. “I am so sorry Hermione I forgot, I didn’t mean to. I just thought that maybe we could tell them and get it over with. I don’t want to live a lie. I’m sorry honey.” As she said this, she sat down with the older women still in her arms on the steps of Hagrids hut and stroked her hair. “It’s ok Ginny, it’s not your fault. I just miss them so much. I have been looking all I can for a reversal spell but I can’t find one.” She sniffed and carried on. “Mmm, could we wait until we see them though? I understand that you don’t want to live your life a lie, but I don’t know how they will take it. Especially considering I kissed your brother.” Hermione suddenly looked alarmed. “I’m sorry, I didn’t tell you. It was in the chamber of secrets during the battle of Hogwarts. I still liked you but I thought that I was going to die and I thought that because you were related if I pretended that he was you and see what it was like to kiss him then I might have some idea of what it would be like to kiss you. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you but I didn’t want it to continue and I tried to tell him but he didn’t listen and he thought that we were dating but we weren’t…” she closed her eyes and was about to continue when she felt a brush of lips against her. “It is ok Hermione. Don’t worry I actually understand. Don’t worry. Believe me I kissed harry several times. Once because he kissed me but the other time was because I wanted to feel loved before I went to die. Oh Hermione, I wish we had told each other our feelings earlier.” She looked deep into the chocolatey brown eyes that were looking at her, lovingly. Their lips came together softly and gently forming a seal that they never wanted to break.

“Let’s go shopping tomorrow in hogsmeade. First thing. I need to get some Christmas presents for some people. And one in particular.” A small nod of the head gave confirmation and Hermione helped the younger girl up. They walked arms wrapped around each other back to the castle and went inside the door and up to the dormitory. They put out the fire and walked up the long flight of stairs. They both changed into their pyjamas and got into bed. Hermione, rested her head on Ginny’s, chest. The younger girl twirled the Hermione curl in-between her fingers and felt her breath become even and steady. Ginny started to hum, lavenders blue to herself. She felt herself drifting off to sleep slowly and then all at once.

The next morning, both girls woke to a pecking at the window from a pecking by a grey owl with speckled black spots down its wings. Hermione looked at Ginny and Ginny looked back at Hermione. “Well I guess I have to get it then,” Hermione said as Ginny’s eyes pleaded with her own. The brunet stood up slipping on a pair of slippers that were underneath the bed. She walked over to the window and opened it as the bird dropped a heavy letter into her hand and Hermione passed over a treat, with a bowl of water to refresh the bird before the beautiful animal took flight. She looked down at the letter and in almost illegible handwriting the name Ginny appeared on it. She walked over and placed the letter on Ginny’s face who seemed to of fallen asleep again. Kissed her on the forehead and sauntered of to the showers to get ready for the day.

***Ginny’s point of view***

                My eyes flashed open underneath her touch and felt the letter on my face. I watched her saunter away with a towel and her shampoo. I wanted to join her but I also knew what was in this letter hopefully. I checked that she had gone and carefully ripped open the letter. I had written to my mother the night before. I had woken up not long after I had gone to sleep and decided that I needed someone on my side. I also had an idea about Hermione’s problem. I hoped that my mother was ok.

                “Dear Ginny.

Don’t worry, I accept you as who you are and I have suspected it for a while. Please don’t be angry but I may have mentioned the issue to Ron as well. I wish you had told me who it was though, but I am sure that I will meet her soon, I hope.

On one of the issues, I spent the night researching it for you. It was in one of your fathers old spell books, very rarely used and it has gone out of fashion since you know, if you obliviate someone you don’t really want them to remember but any way. It is a rather long one anyway. And make sure that you point your wand straight. But anyhow, it is decombliviate cocoamores rememberaluse. I still can’t work out why you would need it though.

Oh and the last thing is that I have included the money from your bank account that you asked for. Spend it wisely and thank you for asking though for permission first I do very much appreciate it.

I will always love you no matter what and we will be arriving on Christmas day at one o’clock in the afternoon just in time for lunch.

Your loving mother

Xxx” I love my mother she is fantastic. Now how to tell Hermione about the spell.

                Five minutes later Hermione sauntered back in with wet hair down her back and only a towel around her. I wanted to take the towel of and see her completely but we had agreed to take it slow. She got changed carefully not allowing me to see all of her but, revealing small cheeky sections, teasing me. I carefully got changed and we went down to breakfast.

A/N- sorry its a short chapter. the lyrics for the english, folk song lavanders blue are bellow.

Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly, lavender's green,When I am king, dilly, dilly, You shall be queen.Who told you so, dilly, dilly, who told you so?'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly, that told me so.Call up your men, dilly, dilly, set them to workSome to the plough, dilly, dilly, some to the fork,Some to make hay, dilly, dilly, some to cut corn,While you and I, dilly, dilly, keep ourselves warm.Lavender's green, dilly, dilly, Lavender's blue,If you love me, dilly, dilly, I will love you.Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly, And the lambs play;We shall be safe, dilly, dilly, out of harm's way.

I love to dance, dilly, dilly, I love to sing;When I am queen, dilly, dilly, You'll be my king.Who told me so, dilly, dilly, Who told me so?I told myself, dilly, dilly, I told me so