chapter nine

A/N since i didn't write for a few days and today is ok i have managed to write two chapters so nine and ten will be uploaded today.x

-Two weeks later-

It was Christmas day and both girls had their surprises ready. The Weasley, Harry and a couple were set to arrive at one this afternoon for lunch and today was hopefully the day that Ginny hoped that they would actually go public with their relationship to her parents and friends. Everything was ready to go.

***Hermione’s point of view***

I woke up with a mass of tangled red hair in my face and our legs tangled together. We had both slept peacefully the night before and IT’S CHRISTMAS DAY. The thought raced through my head like I was a five year old. IT’S CHRISTMAS. I jumped on top of Ginny. “It’s Christmas Ginny, it’s Christmas!” I laughed as she opened her eyes and stared longingly into mine before pulling me down into a long sweet kiss.

I grabbed her hand, pulling her down the stairs quickly to a tree full of presents. She grabbed me from behind and pulled me onto the sofa before kissing me. She got up and looked under the tree. She pulled out an oblong shaped gift and handed it to me. I opened it carefully. Inside was a beautiful looking journal, no an album. A photo album? She knelt down in front of me and opened the front page. It was blank other than a few words. ‘Our memory’s, keep them safe.’ I turned the page. There was our first kiss, but we didn’t get a picture of it. How was this working? I was confused. “It is a memory book, it allows you to see memory’s that you have never took a picture of, like that.” She said clearing things up for me. I took her hand in mine and brought it up to my lips carefully kissing our knuckles.

It was my turn next, I had labelled them part one and part two but I was giving them the other way round. I took the box that held the necklace inside and gave it to her. Her look showed that she didn’t understand why I was giving her part two first. “When you get part one you have to put them together to understand.” She pulled the bow apart and opened the box to see the necklace. She pulled me in for a hug and I took the necklace out of the box and allowed her to see the back. I placed the necklace round her neck and did it up. “Shall we go to breakfast” she nodded. We walked down to the great hall in time to see a house elf which had followed my instructions and was carrying a pick nick basket. The elf handed the basket over to me and we walked out the main doors to a fantastic winter’s morning. I had made sure to include blankets in the basket and lots of them and as Ginny shivered I took one out and wrapped it around her.

I took her hand in mine and we continued walking until we got to the black lake. I made her face the lake and cover her eyes. I cleared an area of snow and laid down the red blanket and used my wand to lay out the food. I took the ring out of my pocket and opened out the box just as Ginny got incredibly bored from waiting and turned around.

“Hermione, what are you doing?” she asked when she saw the ring.

“It’s not a proposal ok. It is a promise.”

“What do you mean by a promise?”

“A promise, that I will always be here, a promise that one day I will get down on one knee and ask you to marry me. But for now, this ring will have to symbolise that. It should also remind you that if you ever feel like I am with you not because I love you but because I have to be, it will remind you that that feeling that you feel is complete and utter rubbish.” I took the ring out of the box and slipped it on her finger.

She looked at me with such love in her eyes. “I love you Hermione granger.” And kissed me. We ate breakfast together and continued walking through the grounds. We got to the castle and opened up the rest of the parcels that were under the tree. There were some books from the professors that had really taken over as my parents. We both also got a Gryffindor scarf. Soon it was lunch and there was one last present under the tree. It was thin, and had a little bit of ribbon on it.

Ginny got up and walked over to the tree and retrieved the small gift. It wasn’t wrapped up like the others but instead a small piece of card. She passed the card over to me. Written in very neat handwriting which I know is very hard for her because she follows in her mother’s footsteps. There are three little –well long- words written on it. It looks like a spell but one that I have never heard of.

“Ginny what is this” I asked very suspiciously. She looked at me.

“It’s what you have wanted for months now. The one thing that you have never been able to find. I wrote to mum a few weeks ago and she spent all night looking through dads old spell books that his fathers had before him and because it has gone out of fashion because once you performed the original spell you don’t really want reverse it but we found it, well mum found it. But there it is.” She told me with a smile. I still didn’t understand.

“Ginny, what spell is this for though?” I asked with uncertainty.

“It’s a reversal spell, my dear.” She smiled at me, “here come with me.” She took my hand and we walked towards the portrait door.