CH:09

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈

Blueprint Apartments
11:00pm

"How to tell a child who their father is..." Felix mumbled as he googled that line for what had to be the fiftieth time since about two weeks past. And he was sweating as he laid down with his phone, scrolling through numerous websites that he had undoubtedly visited in previous researches. But the anxiety that'd boil in his stomach whenever he'd think twice about the task of telling Kai who Chan really was, was always enough to fuel such repetition.

Sighing, he rolled onto his side, too emerged in his thoughts to make out the soft cracking of their bedroom door, as well as to sense the pair of eyes staring back at his phone from the other side of the bed, until a noticeable dip in the mattress was felt. His eyebrows raised at the recognition of Changbin at his side, and his cheeks lit up when the older's arm found his waist, and when the man's soft, loving lips met his neck and cheeks briefly.

"Binnie..." he hummed, reaching to rest his phone on the nightstand. "What's up?"

"You just need to tell him, Lix." Changbin sighed, laying Felix on his back to properly hover and kiss him more comfortably. "The younger he is, the better, you know? And researching the same thing every day with no progress will get you nowhere. I'm sure even Chan is getting impatient." He sighed, gazing down at Felix's eyes and, mirroring the latter's blush when the freckled beauty willing raised his head a little for a longer, deeper kiss. "Baby..."

"I don't know how... Bin-Bin..."

"Lix well, at least make an effort? Allow Kai to spend more time with Chan, because I mean, he's willing. It's not like he doesn't want to. And he's been waiting for so long." Changbin sighed, rolling off of Felix to lay on his side of the bed, still keeping one arm around the blonde's slim waist. "You know him a little better now from all the time you three spend together sometimes... So don't you trust him enough for Kai yet? I mean, I love Kai-Kai with all my heart and will never get tired of him but... I- I don't want to be selfish. I don't want to seem selfish and, I don't want Chan getting the wrong idea about me..."

"Binnie..." Felix whined, pouting. "You're not selfish and never will be. And I'm sure he doesn't think that." He looked down, taking Changbin's hand under the blanket to play with his fingers so daintily. "Okay, tomorrow? Tomorrow when we go over there for lunch like that one time, I'll tell Kai- we'll tell him together... mhm? You should come too since he's so used to you..."

"Nah, I'm not coming," Changbin sighed, scooting closer to Felix to leave soft kisses at his temple. "It's more of a parent moment? I don't know if those are the right words, but you get it. If I'm there, Kai might not even believe, I don't know. And I don't want him getting distracted, because even I'd feel bad..."