CH:11

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

Blueprint Apartments
9:30am

"Do you want lots of onions, or little onions?" Changbin smiled as he questioned the toddler, and he giggled at the focused, determined look that didn't hesitate to manifest on the child's face. "Think fast because I'm cutting," he sang, teasing, chuckling when Kai visibly sighed under the light pressure.

Twisting and turning within the restriction his learning stool, Kai answered, finally, his idle fingers tracing the counter's marble surface near the sink. "Not a lot," he mumbled, a large smile boasting his red cheeks. "Too much onion is nasty."

"C'mon, it isn't that bad." Changbin nudged Kai's arm with his elbow, laughing again when the toddler faked a gag before slapping both hands over his mouth while shaking his head. "Well whatever you say then... Close your eyes," he began to slice the vegetable when Kai obeyed, gifting him with a soft, loving kiss to the cheek to commend his compliance.

"So now, I have to add everything to the eggs." Changbin maintained a small smile with his actions, sighing happily when Kai's small arms folded over his shoulders for even clearer and more comfortable observation of what he was doing. Mixing up all of the ingredients in the bowl and adding a few other seasonings, he pecked Kai's forehead before moving over to the stove, chuckling when the toddler pouted at his shift in location. "I have to cook the omelet now, pumpkin-"

"Morning," Felix groggily interrupted the two, yawning as he trodded into the kitchen and, forcing a tight smile as he walked past Changbin. But that space brew a type of dense atmosphere as soon as he walked in, honestly. Changbin's previously bright and unwavering smile had dimmed itself to welcome Felix's presence, and they both had to share a short glance at Kai before saying anything.

Kissing and tickling his son's clothed belly, Felix tried his best to ignore the tension to speak as naturally as possible, "Morning, Kai-Kai. How'd you sleep?"

"Good," Kai grinned, hugging his daddy tightly, and,m giggling when Felix swooped his small body out from that stool to carry and pepper him with even more tickles and kisses. "Binnie is making us om-e-letes."

"Oh, omelets are nice." Felix tried to spread a smile for Changbin but, he pouted when the older didn't even look back at the mention of his name. And the fact that not even a verbal greeting was sent his way by the latter honestly hurt a bit. The silence was stifling despite Kai's low babbles, and Felix could no longer take the unnecessary guilt that it was making him feel at such an early hour so, he carried Kai over to the living room near his toys, mumbling a low, "Play for a while," before walking back over to the kitchen.