CH:14

┈     ┈     ┈     ⋞ 〈 🍍 〉 ⋟     ┈     ┈     ┈

Haven Apartments
4:10pm

"I never thought that I'd get to this point but, I need relationship advice," Changbin forced a chuckle, clearing his throat. "Things have just been kind of rocky lately... And I don't know anybody else I can go to... I mean, you're the experts, right? Recently engaged and all..."

"Yeah, but what do you mean?" Seungmin asked and blushed as he played with the new, black, ear-length hair of his fiancé, sitting in between his legs on the floor. Smiling softly and growing a bit distracted when Hyunjin leaned back into his touch, before refocussing on the uneasy mutual on the wider sofa in front, he frowned at Changbin's somewhat muddled expression. "Something happened between you and Lix?"

"Okay so... I know I didn't tell you about this, but a few months ago... Lix met Kai's dad," Changbin started, switching his gaze between the black-haired male and the brunette behind him. And thinking nothing of the way that they suddenly looked more attentive to the discussion after the latter part of his line, he went on with the explanation that he had started, "And you know, I've been happy for them both, especially Kai... And I still wish to be there with him as long as I live, you know?"

"Yeah..." Hyunjin spoke that time, and the monotonous setting on his face, completely opposite to the more relaxed one that he was wearing just seconds before, was in no way in line with the look expected when such gifted hands were blessing his scalp; but then again, with a trained therapist for a lover, Hyunjin knew that he could get that anytime.

"Well... recently, he's been acting kind of... different," Changbin exhaled deeply as he slumped back in his seat, sighing, yet again, when his hand found his temples for a short rub. "He's gotten closer to the guy, and that's good, especially for Kai, and I know that. But our relationship has been so unstable lately... And I've been trying to avoid the topic for a while now, but on Felix's birthday..."

"He did something?" Hyunjin inquired sternly at the male's hesitation, his level of agitation surprising even the partner behind him since in between him and Seungmin, the latter was the one closest to Changbin. Settling down a bit when Seungmin massaged a specific part of his forehead, he sighed, stroking one of the younger's knees and waiting for Changbin to continue.

"So... I woke up earlier... to make breakfast and sneak his present... under his pillow... But when he woke up... he wasn't giving me any attention... Turns out he was preparing to go out with that same guy... and without Kai," he sighed, looking idly to the side. His chest felt heavy and, his throat felt like folding inwards anytime he'd pause in between sentences but, Changbin wasn't willing to cry; not in front of other people, or rather, not in front of somebody who was not his best friend.